Monday 1 May 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday - Week 18 2017

Hello and welcome to week 18 of #MealPlanningMonday.

Wow what a week we had last week. I am not ashamed to say that the meal plan did not go to plan. We started the week getting home from our holiday, which was fantastic. Tuesday was full of stress for a job interview that I had on the Wednesday. After a stressful morning of tasks and the interview I was delighted when I received the phone call offering me the job! Yay! I cannot wait to get started. My new job is as a PA in a local school so it will fit well around the children and as it is for 15 hours a week it also means that it will fit in around housework and my beloved blog! I will be working everyday for 3 hours in the afternoon so meal planning is going to become a vital part of our week. I need to know exactly what I am cooking for when I get home from work. I will need to plan whether anything needs leaving in the Pressure King Pro, make sure meat or fish has been defrosted, I am going to need the organisation that meal planning gives me.

After a couple of weeks of over indulgence we are all longing for healthy meals. While on holiday we had some amazing meals out in restaurants and at the time they are great but we are always craving some home cooked meals afterwards.

Over the school holidays I will admit to not following the Slimming World plan and have enjoyed not counting and measuring. I am back on it now but am not going to be as strict. If I want a few protein packed nuts or some avocado, I am going to have some, but in moderation. I am a true believer in everything in moderation!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 1st May 2017

Monday - Mushroom Stroganoff

This is a family favourite which we have not had for a long time. We will be starting the week with this lovely meat free meal.

Tuesday - Tuscan Fish and Olive Risotto

This is a Gousto meal that I have been sent to try out!

Wednesday - Lasagne

Another much loved family favourite and one that can be made a healthy way!

Thursday - Quick Duck and Sausage Cassoulet

This is a recipe that I have found in one of the Slimming World books. The other week I bought some duck breasts that were on special buy so when I saw this recipe I knew it would be perfect!

Friday - Enchiladas

As it is Cinco de Mayo it would be rude not to indulge in some Mexican food and drink!

I am going to plan the meals for the weekend closer to the time.

Do you meal plan? If so feel free to join in with the MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

1 comment:

  1. Congrats with the new job. It sounds perfect.
    Great meal plan. The Duck and Sausage Cassoulet sounds fantastic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x