Tuesday 23 August 2016

Aldi's Quick and Easy Fajita Dinner Kit

As much as I love cooking all of our meals from scratch, sometimes I want to have a quick and easy meal that doesn't take too long. When I was shopping in Aldi the other week I spotted their Quick and Easy Fajita Dinner Kits. We love Mexican food and it really is a favourite meal of ours.


The Fajita Dinner Kit is priced at just £1.25 and each box contains:
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 125g tomato salsa
  • 30g fajita seasoning
All that you need to add is 450g of beef or chicken and 300g of vegetables. 

Today I am going to tell you how I got on making beef enchiladas using this kit. This is what I did...

Beef Enchiladas

Ingredients

1 Aldi Quick and Easy Fiesta Fajita Dinner Kit
300g of mixed vegetables, I used sliced onions, grated carrot, sliced orange pepper and sliced courgette
75g mature cheddar cheese, grated

Method

1 - Place the Aberdeen Angus mince in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly

2 - Add the vegetables to the pan and mix thoroughly, cooking for an additional 2 minutes



3 - Sprinkle over the fajita seasoning and cook for 5 minutes or until the mince is thoroughly cooked

4 - Place the tortillas in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds

5 - Spoon some of the chilli beef into the centre of a tortilla, wrap and place in an oven proof dish. Continue until all of the tortillas have been used


6 - Cover with the grated cheese and place under a high grill until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown then serve

This kit is not only an easy and delicious way to create an authentic tasting Mexican meal but is also kind on your shopping budget! It is yet another great buy from Aldi!


Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x