Tuesday 30 August 2016

CookBlogShare Week 35 Plus a Sneak Peek at some Carnival Vista Food!

Hello and welcome to week 35 of CookBlogShare. Having been absent from the linky for two weeks it is lovely to be back. I hope that you have all had a great couple of weeks.

After our holidays I simply have not had time to cook let alone write a recipe. So for this weeks linky I thought that I would share with you four sneaky peeks of just some of the meals that we enjoyed while onboard Carnival Vista. As you can probably imagine the food was fantastic and we were always full! There was so much to choose from and even now I am realising that there were places that we missed. I am going to be sharing more posts over the coming weeks telling you all about the food that we enjoyed as well as what we got up to during our cruise. But to get your taste buds going I thought that I would share with you today a bit of a taster of the speciality restaurants that we visited.


While we were onboard Carnival Vista we had the pleasure of dining in their speciality restaurants Cucina del Capitano, JiJi's Asian Kitchen, Bonsai Sushi and Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse. All four served exquisite food but we definitely had our favourite. But at the moment I am not going to tell you which, I will leave that for another post. Today I am sharing with you one of my favourite dishes from the four restaurants, Before we left I wrote a post all about the food and drink where I told you which dishes I would be having in the restaurants and I was delighted to try each and every dish that I had selected. Let me tell you about the four dishes that I have chosen to share with you today...
  • For my starter in Cucina del Capitano I  decided to have the classic Italian appetiser of Antipasti. I was amazed by the size of the portion. The foods were laid out in a truly tempting way and I could not wait to get started. The dish comprised of marinated olives, tomato and courgette tartar, Sicilian fig olive basil tempenade, aubergine caponata, roasted pepper alla Nonna, cured prosciutto, mushrooms and marinated vegetables all served with grilled Italian bread.
  • For my entree in JiJi's Asian Kitchen I decided to go for a favourite of mine, Sweet and Sour. I selected the sweet and sour dish as before we left I was not sure which to try. Thankfully the way to dine at JiJi's Asian Kitchen is to put it all in the middle and share the dishes so I was able to try many more! The Sweet and Sour Fragrant Shrimp was full of crispy fried shrimps with tomatoes, pineapple, peppers and scallions in a plum sweet and sour sauce. This is a dish that I will definitely be having a go at making myself!
  • Bonsai Sushi was an eatery that I was excited to visit. I took the twins to Bonsai Sushi while the hubby and J went to the IMAX theatre and it gave us a true family friendly experience. Any parent will know that it can be manic eating out with children when alone and this was no different but the staff made this a truly enjoyable eating experience which I will be telling you about in a future post. But my favourite dish had to be the Tempura Roll. To be honest I was not sure which to go for so I placed my trust in the staff and asked what they would recommend. This was one of the dishes that was recommended to me. The roll was filled with fried shrimp, cucumber, tenka, yuzu mayo, Bonsai Sushi sauce wrapped in salmon.
  • Finally at Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse there was only one cut of steak that I knew I would have to try and that was the Filet Mignon. I love steak but my steak has to be fat free and the filet Mignon at the steakhouse certainly did not disappoint. It was 9oz of pure, tender steak that was cooked to perfection.
This is just a sneak peek of what I have got to share with you. A little taster to whet your appetite so to say! 

Now over to you. I am looking forward to seeing what you have been cooking up while I was away! Link up your recipes below and remember to add the badge below, comment on the host post and some others posts that have been linked up. If you tweet me your recipe at @k_phillipson I will retweet them.

Hope you have a good week x
CookBlogShare



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link up. The food looks delicious especially the sweet and sour dish. That's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing foodie time on your cruise. I am very jealous! Must feel a bit rubbish being back after such an amazing holiday! Hope your to do list is not too awful!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks absolutely delicious, I'm wishing I had a plateful of the sweet and sour for my dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sweet and sour looks amazing, I will be adding to our meal planner this week, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lot of the food you posted while you were away on FB ad IG looked amazing Kirsty - infact the whole holiday did x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it sounds like you had such a good week! Good food makes all the difference on a holiday doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm the food looks so great and really varied, what a fun holiday you must have had!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x