Thursday 25 August 2016

Forza - Shake It Slim

You may remember that in the past I have written posts about how I want to loose weight and suddenly stopped. Today I thought that I would tell you why I stopped writing them and what has changed.

I have mentioned before that I once suffered with eating disorders but, thankfully now, they are behind me. This came with finding my inner peace and happiness. But finding my body confidence did not come as easy and I have been trying to loose weight again. But I have one problem. I like to eat, I like my food, come on, I am a foodie blogger, I need to love food to write passionately about it. Before I decided to put my calorie counting, not eating, rigid diets behind me I was asked if I would like to try some shakes to which I agreed. So when the Forza Supplements Shake It Slim shakes arrived I was curious to what they were like as I was wanting to trim up a bit ready for our holiday.

The starter pack contains all the shakes that you will need for one week, 14 shakes. There are two ways to use the shakes:
  • Replace 2 meals with shakes
  • Replace 1 meal with shakes
The 2 meal replacement is for weight loss while the 1 meal replacement is for weight maintenance. I decided to have just the one shake for breakfast. I am truly awful at having breakfast. I often find that I am too busy and simply forget about the most important meal of the day. This is how Shake It Slim has helped me. I have been having a shake in the morning as my breakfast and kicking my metabolism into action!


The shakes mix up easily and create a smooth drink. I have tried other powder shakes in the past and have found some of them to be difficult to get a smooth drink without using a powerful blender. But Shake It Slim shakes mix with the water using just a shaker cup.

Each shake contains just 204 calories as well as 22 different vitamins and minerals to promote good health. They come in three delicious flavours, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.

After having a shake at breakfast followed by healthy meals have I lost any weight?

To be honest, I do not know. I have stopped stepping on the scales. Instead I am going by how my body feels and how my body looks. I definitely feel less bloated and am not snacking as I was when I missed a breakfast meal or shake. If this is thanks to the shakes or thanks to eating a healthy balanced diet you decide. I will admit that I am swaying to the healthy eating option but if you do not have time to sit and have a meal these shakes give you the perfect and healthy option. If you want to loose weight the best way to do it is by exercising and eating healthily.

Now that I have said goodbye to the fad diets I feel stronger in myself. For the first time ever I am accepting how my body shape has changed since having the twins and that it is now part of me. When I don't eat or am stressing over calories I am so miserable and moody. I don't want to feel like that. I want to feel happy and my body needs to eat healthily for both my physical and mental well being. Also have a daughter! I do not want her to think that she needs to be obsessed with dieting as I once was. We all need to show our children that having a healthy balanced diet is essential and that you can enjoy a piece of cake or some chocolate in moderation. We need to stop showing our girls how our bodies should look according to the media. We are all different, we all have different shapes, there is no "perfect figure" and we need to embrace our bodies as they are! This may not be the review that you were expecting but I am being honest. They are nice drinks, they probably do help you loose weight if you have more will power than I do but they are just not for me and I do not want to be hypocritical and tell you something I do not believe in.

If you would like to try the Shake It Slim starter pack it retails at £25.99 and is available at Boots and Holland and Barrett. Or you can order directly from Forza and pay £18.99.

Disclosure: I received a Forza Shake It Slim for the purpose of this post. All words, views and opinions are my own and 100% honest. No cash payment was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x