Monday 8 August 2016

#CookBlogShare - Week 31 - The Medal Winning Recipes Round Up

Welcome to the round up of CookBlogShare week 31.

This week I could not settle on one theme so I have entitled this round up the "Medal Winning Recipes". Each and every one of these recipes stood out and left me wanting more. Three of the recipes I cannot wait to try for myself but the fourth one is so amazing it definitely wins the gold medal and I will admit that I could never recreate it!

Here are the four medal winning recipes from week 31 of CookBlogShare...

I chose the first recipe because it has to be my favourite dip and one that I have never made! Kate from The Gluten Free Alchemist shared her quick and easy Homemade Houmous recipe that has left me questioning why I have never had a go at making my own. The houmous looks and sounds like the perfect balance of flavours and I love the added coriander!

Next up is a recipe that I wish I had found a few weeks ago. Lucy from Baking Queen 74 shared her deliciously smooth Blackcurrant Curd. This recipe has gone straight on my to try board for next year. Unfortunately all of our blackcurrant have now been used but I will definitely be making this curd next year!

Next are these fantastic free from Vegan Blueberry Muffins from Midge at The Peachicks' Bakery. Any muffin that contains as much goodness as these little treats is a winner in my books. They are full of oats, chia seeds and blueberries. They are dairy, soya and egg free and are the perfect mid morning treat. This is another recipe for my must try list!

Last but certainly not least is the recipe which I have given a gold medal to. It is this stunning Olympics inspired cake from Miss GF who is Kate The Gluten Free Alchemist's daughter. This brightly, Brazilian coloured cake is not only amazing on the inside but certainly has show stopping decorations on the top. It has been iced and is complete with the Olympic rings, coloured sweets and even sugar work triangles to transform the cake into an Olympic stadium! Keep an eye out for Miss GF's own blog series called Miss GF Makes!

If you missed any of these recipes last week then I totally recommend you pop over and take a look!

This weeks CookBlogShare linky is being hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg. Next week it will be with Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie then the following week it will be back with Mandy at Sneaky Veg as I will be away on our Carnival Cruise holiday. Last year I was selected as Carnival Cruise Lines official Foodieseeker Family blogger. Over the last eleven months we have seen Carnival launch their brand new vessel Vista which we will be travelling on and the excitement building. Being their Foodieseeker Family blogger I will be sharing all of the foodie delights that Vista will have to offer. I am hoping to have the time to do a round up next Monday but there will not be another one until I return. I will be sharing our adventures in pictures while we are away which you can follow on Instagram and Facebook Live on my Facebook Hijacked By Twins page.

I hope you all have a good week and look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up this week!

CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Kirsty! Miss GF is very excited to see her cake wearing a gold medal. Lovely round up...... That jam is inspiring me!!!!
    Have a fantastic cruise.... Can't wait to read about all your adventures x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! That cake was fab! Have a great holibobs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing looking cake! Love the bright colours and marble effect xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x