Monday 1 August 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 1st August 2016



Yay we are now in August and our holiday is getting even closer!

Last weeks meal plan went a bit pear shaped. I was asked to go down to London last minute to attend a focus group with Fruit Shoot so I did have to change some meals. Instead of toad in the hole I made enough sausage casserole so that there would be some left over for the kids to have while I was in London. As I was only there for the day I picked up some treats from Marks and Spencer's on my way home for the hubby and I! After my day out I did not manage to do my shopping until the weekend so we had to make do with what was in!

This week we are starting the week with the hubby at home so were hoping that the weather stayed dry for a barbecue but it is now raining! Apart from that, we should be having a quiet week!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 1st August 2016

Monday - Turkey Burgers

These were going to be cooked on the barbecue but the rain has arrived so we will be having them cooked inside!

Tuesday - Creamy Veg Lasagne

My parents have got an abundance of kale at the moment so I will be going to get some from their garden and use it with courgettes, onions and peppers in a creamy sauce.

Wednesday - Beef Ragu and Courgetti

This is a recipe from Hemsely and Hemsley The Art of Eating Well. We have got both of their books and love their recipes. Their books are about a good balanced diets, they embrace good fats and are all about good, healthy meals!

Thursday - Feta and Black Bean Burgers with Actifry Chips

This is another recipe from the Hemsley and Hemsley book and one that I have not made before.

Friday - Fish Pie

When I was looking through the freezer I found some fish so this week I will be using it to make a good old fish pie.

At the moment I am unsure what to cook on Saturday so I am leaving my options open but it will probably be a chicken based meal.

Do you meal plan? Do you write a meal planning blog post? If so why not join in with the MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you all have a good week x


get the InLinkz code

6 comments:

  1. The creamy veg lasagne sounds nice. I'm making a creamy courgette one to use up all my courgettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Stupid rain, ruining your barbecue!
    I like the sound of everything you have planned especially the Feta and Black Bean Burgers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh am jealous of your creamy veg lasagne! Am still on FODMAP so that's not really on my menu but maybe I can adapt it a little with soya milk and gluten free pasta.. is not the same though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feta and black bean burgers sounds a-ma-zing. Have a great week! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feta and black bean burgers sound great. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh typical that it rains you you plan a barbecue. Turkey burgers are lovely though so I am sure you enjoyed them xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x