Monday 29 August 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 29th August 2016


After a truly amazing holiday, it is back to reality and back to cooking meals again. I will admit to enjoying having our meals cooked for us. But now that we are back home it is back to the kitchen for me. This weeks meal plan has been written using what we have in the freezer and the fresh ingredients that we picked up on our way home from the airport. We found an Asda on our journey and popped in. At last I am trying their well known Wonky Veg boxes. We picked up two boxes full of veg for just £3.50 per box! So we have a lot of lovely fresh vegetables in the fridge!

Last weeks meal plan was so good! I am going to be writing lots of Carnival Vista foodie posts over the next few weeks. There was so much food and activities to do I simply cannot write it all in just one post! So keep an eye out for those.

Now back to this weeks meal plan, This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 29th August 2016

Shepherds Pie

To start the week I thought that I would make a real family favourite!


Lentil and Aubergine Lasagne


In the veg box we got two aubergines and some orange peppers so I thought that I would use these in a vegetarian lasagne. I will be thinly slicing the aubergine and using them in the place of traditional lasagne sheets.

Chicken, Potatoes and Vegetables

When looking through the freezer I found chicken mini fillets and thighs so I will be using the chicken in a tray bake that will be served with roasted new potatoes and vegetables.

Fish Pie

This is a meal that has been on my meal plans for a couple of weeks but thanks to the summer madness I just have not got round to making it. This week we will be having it as I need to run the freezer down before I do my next shopping trip.

Risotto

While looking through the freezer I found some leftover Green Veg and Mint Risotto that will make a great easy meal. I will be adding some extra veg to bulk it out and will probably serve it with some chicken after I have been shopping.

This week I am happy that I have managed to plan five meals. We will plan the weekend closer to the time. Hope you have a good week and remember to join in with the Meal Planning Monday blog hop if you write a meal planning post.



get the InLinkz code

2 comments:

  1. We're in exactly the same boat here - I'm back to menu planning and cooking for the first time in a month, because we had a fortnight on holiday plus almost a week at both sets of grandparents ! It's quite nice to get back into routine, although I'm not looking forward to going back to work on Wednesday ! Look forward to seeing all your foodie posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope getting back to a routine is easy....It must have been so nice having all your meals cooked when you were away. Ohh! I've heard of those Wonky Veg boxes but our local one doesn't stock them. They sound like a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x