Monday 8 August 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 8th August 2016


So far these summer holidays my meal plans have been so hit and miss. I think this is a mixture of being busy, the lovely hot weather and simply life getting in the way. So to make it easier this week I will be relaxing my meal plan. I have listed what I am planning to cook but just not allocate the meals to specific days.

This week I am going to be using up what we have got in the fridge and freezer in preparation for us going on holiday. As it is going to be yet another busy week meals will be ones that can be easily made and ones that do not take a great deal of time.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 8th August 2016

Chicken and Chorizo Pasta

Last week we got a lovely chorizo sausage which I will be combining it with chicken and pasta.

Fish Pie

This was a meal that was not cooked last week.

Root Veg Bake

I have got quite a lot of root vegetables in the fridge and this is a great way to use it up. Plus it can be prepared and placed in the oven to slow cook.

Pea and Mint Risotto

We have got lots of delicious fresh mint in the garden so I will be adding it to a risotto this week.

Potato, Chickpea and Cashew Curry

This is a recipe that I have found in one of my veggie cook books. I am planning to use the recipe as a guide but add some extra veggies in for extra goodness!

Homemade Pizza

This is a meal which I am planning to get the kids involved in. I will be making our own pizza dough bases with the kids help and letting them do all the toppings that they want. I am even considering having a go at a cauliflower base.

Do you write a weekly meal plan? If you do why not join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!



get the InLinkz code

5 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house for dinner this week! It all sounds great, particularly the potato, chick pea & cashew curry. I do a make-your-own pizza night every so often too. The "kids" (they're all over 25) love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been setting days what we eat things during the holidays...It seems to be working a little. I like the sound of the Chicken and Chorizo Pasta. Yum :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken and chorizo together yum. The curry also sounds delicious. We are also doing homemade pizza, my kids love mail get pizza dough. Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mail get = making, darn autocorrect!

      Delete
  4. Ohh they all sound delicious! Hope you're enjoying your summer holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x