Monday 5 December 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 48 - Festive Treats Round-Up

Now that we are in December I am in full Christmas mode. I am loving all of the Christmas foodie treats that are everywhere. But what I enjoy most is reading each unique twist on the good old traditional recipes that we all know and love at Christmas. That is the beauty of them, they can be made to suit all tastes.

Last week CookBlogShare was hosted by Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie. As always there was a lovely variety of recipes shared, but Christmas was definitely coming through and I expect to see more and more over the next couple of weeks.

This weeks round-up is all about four festive treats. One is all about how to style your fondant, another is a firm traditional favourite, one has been given a complete new twist while the fourth is a fun family activity!

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 48 of CookBlogShare...

Everybody loves a fun Christmas cake topper. But they are not as easy as you think. Thanks to this great post from Only Crumbs Remain all about Easy Fondant Christmas Characters they are going to be something that you can do. Angela has shared tips and ideas for 6 different characters. After reading this post I am going to be having a go at fondant characters this Christmas!

Next up is the firm traditional favourite. Mandy from Sneaky Veg shared her Traditional Fruit Vegan Christmas Cake. Every house should have a Christmas cake and I have finally got round to making mine. Mandy's cake looks so tempting with the lovely almond and cherry topping. One piece will never be enough!

Jenny from Mummy Mishaps has completely revamped some Madeleine cakes into this delicious Christmas Madeleine Cherry Chocolate Pudding. This may look like a Christmas pudding but once sliced you will find a decadent ricotta filling and more Madeleine cakes. This pudding is perfect for anyone who does not like a traditional fruit pudding.

Last but not least are these cute little Peppermint Snowmen from The Mummysphere. Never mind the children, I want to make these! But I know that the kids will love to have a go at making these and would love to eat them.

If you missed any of these festive treats pop over and take a look!

This weeks CookBlogShare linky is hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg so do not forget to pop over and share what you have been cooking up. I will be coming over to comment and will be back next week.

Have a lovely, delicious week x

CookBlogShare

2 comments:

  1. I just love Angela's little penguin - so adorable!

    I'm way behind with the link parties (moving, surgery, getting sick... excuses, excuses!) trying to catch up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including my cake - love all of the other recipes too, especially the snowmen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x