Wednesday 14 December 2016

Chunky Root Veg and Bean Soup

At this time of year I love a good warming bowl of soup. I find it so comforting, on a cold day to sit inside, snug and warm with a big bowl of soup. Not only is it a great comfort food but it is also a great way to get plenty of goodness into our diets.

While shopping the other day I spotted a stew vegetables bundle reduced down to just 25p and I knew it would be ideal for a soup so popped it into my basket! The vegetables that are in this super chunky soup are cheap roots and full of flavour.

This is what I did...


Chunky Root Veg Soup

Ingredients

200g carrots, chopped
100g parsnips, chopped
100g swede, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
200g tomatoes, chopped
500mls Vegetable stock
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g tin of mixed beans
Fresh basil
Salt and pepper
1 dspn balsamic vinegar

Method

1 - Place all of the chopped vegetables into a pan and cover with vegetable stock

2 - Bring to the boil

3 - Stir in the tomato puree and add a few ripped basil leaves

4 - Cover and simmer for 20 minutes

5 - Add the beans and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper and adding the balsamic vinegar


This soup is not only delicious but is so filling and satisfying. Perfect for a cold winters day! 


If you are following the Slimming World plan it is a filling syn free meal! If you are having bread with it simply syn it or have it as your healthy extra!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

CookBlogShare

4 comments:

  1. I love soups like this and such good value to get most of the ingredients for just 25p! I have been fighting off a cold for about 3 weeks now so I really need to make something similar to help chase it away. Thanks for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very delicious. It's perfect for the weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect thing for winter weather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something really comforting about soups at this time of year kirtsy. 25p is such a bargain for a pack of vegetables and this is a great way to use them up.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x