Friday 2 December 2016

Full of Veg Pasta Bake

Since starting Slimming World seven weeks ago how I cook our meals has really changed. Now when I cook I am striving to cram in even more vegetables. This includes already healthy recipes. Bulking out dishes with more vegetables simply means bulking out with even more goodness!

When I was looking through one of my Slimming World cookbooks, Family Feasts on a Budget I found a lovely recipe for Sweet Potato Pasta Bake. I had planned to follow the recipe but, in true Hijacked By Twins style, I could not stick to the recipe and added a lot more vegetable goodness.

This meal was a huge success and I wanted to share it with you today.

This is what I did...

Full of Veg Pasta Bake

Ingredients

400g dried pasta
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 lg Portabello mushrooms, chopped
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red pepper
6 asparagus spears, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
300g low fat cottage cheese
Fresh chives
2 eggs
4 tbsp quark
30g reduced fat cheese, grated
Spray oil

Method

1 - Pre heat the oven to 180C

2 - Cook the pasta in a large pan of simmering water for 4 minutes

3 - Cover a large frying pan with some spray oil and add the mushrooms, red onion and red peppers and gently fry until softened then remove from the heat


4 - After the pasta has been cooking for four minutes add the sweet potato, broccoli, carrots and asparagus and simmer for a further 4 minutes

5 - Place the cottage cheese, chives, eggs and quark in a bowl and combine thoroughly

6 - Drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pan

7 - Add the fried vegetables and the cottage cheese mixture and mix together

8 - Place in an oven proof dish and scatter over the grated cheese

9 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until you have a golden top


This family friendly dish is one that you can make and everyone will enjoy. Whether you are following a slimming plan or just wanting to eat healthier this meal is perfect for you! I am the one who is wanting to loose weight but I do not want to have to prepare separate meals for everyone. How I cook and prepare our meals now is not only good for me and my journey but is also good for my family.


If you are following the Slimming World eating plan this meal is just 1 syn but if you do not add the grated cheese it would be a yummy syn free pasta.

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x