Monday 19 December 2016

#CookBlogShare - Week 50 The Party Buffet Round-up

Hello and welcome to what is my final #CookBlogShare round-up of 2016. What a delicious year it has been thanks to everyone that joins in with the CookBlogShare linky each week. I have now been running the linky with the help of other bloggers for 17 months and love how the community has grown.

Last week the linky was with me on Hijacked By Twins and what a treat I was in for. 39 delicious recipes were shared and it certainly was a difficult week to narrow my favourites down to just four recipes. There were so many festive treats both sweet and savoury, bakes, puddings even foodie edible gifts! For this weeks round-up I have decided to go for recipes that would be perfect for a party buffet. At this time of year, especially between Christmas and new year, we tend to have lighter meals and when people visit, a buffet is the ideal meal. The four recipes that I have chosen are ones that I know we would all love and I am sure you will too.

Here are my four favourite recipes for a buffet from week 50 of CookBlogShare...

No buffet is complete without a dip and Monika from Everyday Healthy Recipes dip makes not only a yummy dip but also adds some amazing colour to the table. This Beetroot Chickpea Party Dip is on my must try list this season and one that I will be keeping close by for our next beetroot harvest!

If you are looking for a showstopper bread then look no further. Jacqueline from Recipes Made Easy shared this fantastically creative Pesto Christmas Tree. This will certainly wow any guests that you may have and will no doubt keep them coming back for more!

Another buffet favourite is the good old quiche. Kate from The Gluten Free Alchemist has waved her gluten free wand and created this free from Chicken, Squash and Gruyere Quiche. Whether you choose to make it with gluten free pastry or regular pastry the three flavours sound incredible together!

Last but not least is a chicken recipe from Jhuls at The Not So Creative Cook. Her KFC or Korean Fried Chicken wings will make the perfect picky chicken dish. I can just imagine how irresistible these are going to be!

If you missed any of these delicious posts I definitely recommend you pop over and take a look!

Tomorrow the CookBlogShare linky will be with Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie and will be kept open for two weeks so if you are planning to post over the Christmas holidays the CookBlogShare linky will be here! I am planning to have some time off with my family but I am sure I will find time to pop on and check out what everyone is up to.

I would just like to take this opportunity to wish you all a fantastic Christmas and here is to a scrumptious 2017 and more CookBlogShare!

Enjoy x

CookBlogShare

5 comments:

  1. Morning Kirsty, thank you so much for featuring my beetroot dip! I can't believe this week is the last Cook Blog Share week of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know where has the year gone? Thank you for sharing with us Monika x

      Delete
  2. happy xmas to all - a lovely round up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing my quiche!! And sorry for taking a while to pop over..... a crazy time of year! Thanks also for keeping the linky going..... Happy Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x