Tuesday 13 December 2016

Christmas Desserts from Aldi

Now that we are getting closer to Christmas I have started to get stocked up with as many foods for Christmas day as possible. This definitely helps the budget and makes the Christmas shopping trip quicker and easier.

During my shopping trip last week my focus was on desserts for Christmas day! It is the perfect time to allow yourself to indulge in some sweet treats. In true Aldi style they have a wide variety of desserts that are perfect for Christmas and are at a fantastic price.

Before I tell you about the desserts that I will be serving on Christmas day I have to show you the latest addition to our household!


Finally I have managed to get a Kevin the Carrot! Kevin the Carrot is the star of Aldi's Christmas adverts and also their fundraising star. This soft, plush carrot toy is being sold both in store and online and 100% of the profits are going to Barnardo's to help vulnerable and disadvantaged children across the UK. So if you do see one while out shopping, pop one in your trolley!

Now onto desserts!

  • Chocolate Fudge Pudding - You cannot go wrong with a chocolate fudge pudding and this one from Aldi sounds amazing! A light chocolate sponge with a hot fudge base that comes in either triple chocolate or chocolate orange.
  • Melt in the Middle Pudding - If you are looking for a pudding to serve alongside a traditional pudding then this is it! A pot of warm, sweet, gooey deliciousness! Available in two flavours, triple chocolate or raspberry and prosecco.
  • Specially Selected Roulade - What is great about this roulade is that it can be bought in advance as it is a frozen dessert. A light meringue dusted and filled with delights. Available in rich chocolate and morello cherries or toffee and pecans.
  • Cheesecake - Cheesecakes are a frozen essential. They are perfect for unexpected guests or just when you fancy a pudding. I will definitely be stocking up on them. The hard part is choosing whether to get winter berry, salted caramel or chocolate orange!
Now for what I will be serving on Christmas day!


The first dessert which I am really excited about is the Specially Selected Croquembouche. This is a dessert that I saw while I was at the Aldi Christmas in July event and as soon as I saw it assembled I knew that I had to get one! Everything that you need to create this show stopper of a dessert comes in this box and priced at just £4.99 you can amaze your guests while keeping within budget! As it is frozen I have been able to buy it all ready for Christmas day. The croquembouche kit contains 60 choux pastry profiteroles of both chocolate and plain choux complete with gold stand. Once you have constructed the croquembouche it is time to drizzle over Belgium chocolate sauce and caramel! You can be guaranteed of a picture once I have assembled it!

I will also be serving two Christmas puddings, the Specially Selected Champagne Christmas Pudding for the adults. This Christmas pudding has been handmade using the finest ingredients and infused with Veuve Monsigny Champagne. The twins will be feasting on the 12 Month Matured Christmas Pudding which has been made using one of the oldest Christmas pudding recipes. As I have a fussy boy who does not like cooked dried fruit he has chosen to have the melt in the middle chocolate orange puddings.

I hope that these have given you a taste of what you can expect this Christmas at Aldi. Not only can you get delicious food and drinks but they are also at an amazing price! Make Christmas cheaper this year and enjoy!

You can read more about Christmas at Aldi on the following post:
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x