Wednesday 21 December 2016

Mincemeat Oat Bites

Last week I shared my deliciously moreish Cranberry, Coconut and Chia Seeds Oat Bites. They were enjoyed so much I decided to add a bit more of a Christmas twist to them. After having my first mince pie of the season on Sunday I am hooked. We all know that pastry is not great for us so I decided to combine my oat bites with mince pies and created these addictive snacks!

This is what I did...

Mincemeat Oat Bites

Ingredients

225g porridge oats
25g ground almonds
4 tbsp chia seeds
100g golden syrup
2 eggs
150mls milk
1tsp vanilla essence
2tsp mixed spice
200g mincemeat

Method

Pre heat the oven to 200C

1 - Place the oats, ground almonds, chia seeds and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl

2 - Beat the eggs together and add the milk and vanilla essence

3 - Pour the liquids onto the dry ingredients and add the golden syrup

4 - Stir until all of the ingredients are evenly combined

5 - Line a small baking tray and spoon on half of the oats mixture

6 - Spoon on the mincemeat, ensuring that you have an even covering

7 - Add the second half of the oats mixture over the top on the mincemeat layer

8 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown

9 - Remove from the baking tray and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing



These oat bites will keep you coming back for more, I will warn you they are truly irresistible!


I used Aldi's Specially Selected Brandy Infused Luxury Mincemeat which is so rich and fruity and it went perfectly with the oats.


Do you like mincemeat at Christmas? What are your must bakes using it?

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Sharing with...


Hijacked By Twins

Link up your recipe of the week

Charlotte's Lively Kitchen - #TheFoodCalendar

Cook Once Eat Twice
Lori's Culinary Creations

4 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! We all love these type of bars in our house so they'd certainly be popular here - and a nice change from mince pies. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and thanks for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these look lovely. I am rather partial to mincemeat, but have never considered putting it in bar form before. Really love that chopping board BTW - perfect for Christmas food styling! Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Kirsty! Hubby & I love a flapjack type treat when we go for a walk (or just beacuse), but the addition of the mincemeat gives it a lovely Christmas feel,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been sticking mincemeat in everything this Christmas too, I think I'm a little bit addicted to the stuff. I love the idea of sticking it in the middle of an oaty bar - yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x