Thursday 22 December 2016

Italinary - Italian Culinary Experience Review

If there is one cuisine that the whole family enjoys it has to be Italian food. I love everything about it from the fresh ingredients to the whole Italian way of eating, I am a big believer in their ethos of eating together, making it a social event and not just something that we do to survive.


When Italinary contacted me and asked me if I would like to try one of their Italian culinary experience boxes to try I was intrigued to find out more. As soon as I saw what Italinary was all about to say that I was excited to receive the box was an understatement and it did not disappoint.


When the box arrived the first thing that I noticed was the attention to detail. Each box is lovingly packed and displayed in an attractive way. Even the shredded paper was packing was arranged to be the Italian flag.



As I unpacked the box my mind was going over with ideas on how to use each of the products. Inside the box I found 8 authentic Italian ingredients that have been specially selected from six Italian regions by the experts at Italinary. In this box I received...

  • Amaretti from Lombardia
  • Taggiasche Olives with Herbs from Liguria
  • Pesto with Genovese Basil DOP with Garlic from Liguria
  • Salame Strolghino of Culatello from Emilia Romagna
  • Linguine from Campania
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil 100% Italian from Liguria
  • Traditional Tarallini with Fennel Seeds from Puglia
  • Trenette alla Taormina from Sicilia


Once I had looked at all of the ingredients I was able to sit down and read all about what each product was and how to use it thanks to the information leaflet that comes in each box. Each product is listed and outlines where it is from and with any allergens that it may contain. There is even a QR code to scan which gives you even more information on the product.


Since visiting Italy in the summer we have become more and more curious about this stunning country and all aspects of it and food is naturally at the top of our list. This box has allowed us the indulge much more in authentic Italian produce and learn more about their origin. All of the ingredients will inspire you to create a typical Italian menu of an appetiser, main course and a dessert.


Italinary is available to buy as a one off box, of either an Experience BoxSpecial Box and even seasonal boxes. These can also be bought as a subscription on 3, 6 or 12 month packages. At the moment they have got two wonderful promotions going on for Christmas. They are...
  • 50% off your first subscription box when using the code XMAS50
  • Get a FREE Special Pizza Napoli Box when you take out a 6 or 12 month subscription

Now let me show you what meal I have created using ingredients from the Start Box from Italinary...


Linguine con Verdure, Pollo e Pesto con Basilico Genovese e Aglio
(Linguine with Green Vegetables, Chicken and Pesto with Genovese Basil and Garlic)

Ingredients

250g Linguine
1 leek, halved and sliced
1 courgette, quartered and sliced
100g peas
100g broccoli florets
400g chicken mini fillets


Method

1 - Heat the oil in a deep saute pan and cook the chicken over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often

2 - To cook the linguine place in a pan of boiling salted water and simmer for 8 minutes or until cooked al dente

3 - Add the leeks, courgette, broccoli and peas to the chicken and continue to cook for a further 8 minutes, while the linguine cooks

4 - Drain the linguine and return to the pan

5 - Add the pesto to the linguine amount according to taste, it is delicious, you will want to add a lot!

6 - Toss the chicken and green vegetables with the pesto covered linguine and serve


We have loved trying out Italinary and I would definitely recommend it to any Italian loving foodie. It would make the ideal subscription due the high quality of the produce and the originality of the ingredients. If you know someone who loves Italian cooking it would also make a great gift.


One taste of the authentic Italian ingredients will leave you wanting more!

Italinary currently ship to Italy, UK and other European countries.


Enjoy x

Pin me for later!


Disclosure: I received the Italinary box for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All words, views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x