Monday 26 December 2016

Love your Turkey Leftovers!

I am sure that many of you have got lots of lovely leftover turkey and trimmings from your Christmas dinner. I love leftovers. The meals always seem to be even more flavoursome and they are simply too good to go to waste. Today I thought that I would share with you my top leftover turkey recipes and ideas.

Here are my favourite 6 leftover turkey recipes and my top tips...

I have so many 'favourite' leftover recipes so narrowing it down was hard. The following recipes give you a wide variety of dishes so I am sure you will find something that everyone will enjoy.
  • Leftover Christmas Dinner Soup - Soup is such an easy way to use up leftovers and such a tasty dish. You can literally put everything in a pan with some stock, boil up and blitz into a smooth soup. Our favourite thing to do is keep some meat and stuffing on one side to use as a soup topper.
  • Turkey Curry - Curry has to be our all time favourite for using leftovers. After so many roast dinners a curry makes a welcomed change.
  • Leftover Turkey Bake - If you have a lot of vegetables leftover this is a great meal. Place it all in a roasting tin and bake. This is delicious with some roasted beetroot.
  • Turkey and Mushroom Cottage Pie - This is a favourite of the children. A cottage pie is a lovely, comforting meal and this give the traditional a yummy twist.
  • Summer Vegetables and Turkey Rice Dish - If you are craving some vegetables other than winter roots then this one is for you. Full of lovely Mediterranean vegetables this rice dish will give you a taste of summer!
  • Creamy Turkey and Chorizo - Chorizo goes perfectly with poultry and this meal is a great way to add some Spanish heat to your leftovers.
You can always go for the good old turkey sandwich, we love ours with some tomato chutney or some brie and cranberry sauce!

I am not the only food blogger that is thinking about leftovers. Check out these recipes...
What is your favourite leftovers meal, how do you use them up?

Enjoy x

1 comment:

  1. I usually make a Turkey and Leek pie with our leftovers, but this year we made a Turkey Curry and it was (surprisingly) really really nice! We had the leftover turkey curry in warmed pitta breads the following lunchtime too - yum! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x