Monday 23 January 2017

#CookBlogShare Week 3 Round-up

Last week the CookBlogShare linky was hosted by Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie. 35 delicious recipe posts were shared and I had a lovely relaxing weekend so had plenty of time to sit and read through them. My round-up selection has changed this week. You have probably noticed that the last few weeks my round-up's have ended up being, more or less, the same as the either Eb or Mandy. What can I say, great minds think a like! So when Mandy told me what her round-up was going to be I was not surprised that we had both, again, selected the same theme! But as there is always such a great variety of posts and recipes, selecting four different ones was not hard.

The last couple of weeks my round-ups have been all about the savoury dishes, but not today. Last week the sweet treats certainly bowled me over! Here are my four favourite sweet treats from 2017 week 3 of #CookBlogShare...

The first recipe this week is the ideal way to start the day! Corina from Searching for Spice has created this Nutella Smoothie Bowl with Banana and Avocado which is full of both flavour and goodness! I am a huge fan of smoothie bowls and love how the avocado gives it a real creamy texture. But, for me, the fun part is selecting the toppings! Forget a bowl of cereal or toast, you have to try this recipe!

We love Burns Night and Scotland has to be our favourite UK holiday destination. On Wednesday it is Burns Night and Claire from Foodie Quine is getting prepared with a haggis dinner, a wee dram and this delectable Chocolate Haggis, yes this haggis is a combination of shortbread, whisky and chocolate. So if the idea of a traditional haggis puts you off, go for a sweet version!

The next recipe has combined some of my absolute favourite sweet flavours together! Baked to Imperfection show us how to make a Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel Cake. This showstopper of a cake was the creation of her friend Lucy Charles and from her book Cakeography. This book sounds amazing and one that I will definitely be having a look at!

Last but certainly not least is this beautifully presented Vanilla Raspberry Bundt Cake from Jam and Clotted Cream. I adore raspberries and vanilla together and this cake combines the two together perfectly. This cake is one that would definitely wow any guests and would make the ideal cake for afternoon tea!

If you missed any of these recipes last week pop on over and take a look, you will not be disappointed!

The week 4 CookBlogShare linky is being hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg so do not forget to share what you have been cooking and blogging about!

Wishing you a deliciously tasty week x

Pin me for later!


Hijacked By Twins

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely sweet round up and thanks so much for featuring my smoothie bowl! For me that peanut butter and salted caramel cake would be an absolute winner - it looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thanks so much for featuring my peanut butter cake in your round up - they all look delicious. I love the idea of a sweet treat round up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm peanut butter cake! Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x