Friday 27 January 2017

International Chocolate Cake Day

As it is International Chocolate Cake Day I thought it would be fitting to share with you my favourite chocolate cake bakes. All of these will leave you craving some chocolate cake, you have been warned!

My Well Done Celebration Chocolate Cake was a huge success and certainly helped to cheer J up after he had finished a stressful week at school doing his SATS. The sponges contain golden syrup which gives the cake some extra richness. The cakes have then been sandwiched together using chocolate butter icing and finally the top has been covered in marshmallows and chocolate stars.

My White Chocolate and Lime Cake is a decadent combination of Madagascan vanilla chocolate and sharp lime which leaves you wanting more. Sometimes white chocolate gets overlooked but it is a delicious alternative to traditional milk or dark chocolate and one that we love!

If you are looking for a birthday cake for a chocolate lover then you need to check out this Tunnock's Teacake Birthday Cake. This traditional chocolate cake bake has been revamped into this chocoholic delight, it has been drizzled with chocolate sauce that has been sprinkled with Flakes then topped with the ultimate marshmallow treat, Tunnock's Teacakes!

The next chocolate cakes contain a sneaky vegetable extra! My Chocolate, Lime and Courgette Cakes will leave you astounded, you simply would not know that they contain courgette, but you are getting all of the goodness that they provide. Again, the lime and chocolate are a perfect combination.
For the last Macmillan coffee morning I was delighted to be asked to make a cake for the village cake sale. To help raise as much money as possible the following cake was created. My Chocoholic Chocolate Cake is two chocolate sponges sandwiched together with raspberry jam, topped with butter icing, crunched up chocolate fingers then encased with yet more delicious chocolate fingers! This cake helped the village to raise just over £600!

Now time for a gluten free cake. My Festive Chocolate Cake is both gluten free and full of spices. To finish these free from sponges I have used a gluten free chocolate spread to sandwich them together, followed by a layer of chocolate on the top and a scattering of cranberries.

Another of my favourite chocolate combinations has to be chocolate and mint. The following cake contains both of these delicious flavours. My Chocolate Mint Cake contains the exquisite Green and Blacks. If you are looking for a cake that is full of indulgence then this one is for you!

The final cake that I have chosen today is a cake that I baked for my parents ruby wedding anniversary. This Ruby Anniversary Cake contains three layers of cake, two chocolate layers with a ruby red sponge in the centre. It has then been covered with a chocolate ganache and decorated with roses and cherries.

Will you be making a chocolate cake today to celebrate International Chocolate Cake Day? If so what is you favourite chocolate cake?

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Sharing with...
Melt in your mouth Monday
One Messy Mama

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous collection of chocolate desserts! I don't think I've ever seen so many chocolate recipes in one place! They are all gorgeous. I should make more chocolate desserts, maybe I'll make one tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling at the pictures! I'm definitely going to try the one with lime in x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound amazing! Love the courgette chocolate cake idea. Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE chocolate cake and the Chocoholic Chocolate cake looks delicious. I think I need to go baking... #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate cakes and I think your post just made me wanna bake one! Tomorrow me an dmy husband have anniversary so it would be perfect timing! And one more thing - my husband is a chocoholic as well so he made an app called chocolics world. You have such delicious recipes that I think you would be the perfect user of this app;))) Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh! I could just dive in, those look delicious! I need a chocolate fix! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x