Tuesday 31 January 2017

National Yorkshire Pudding Day - How to Make the Perfect Yorkshire Pudding with Aldi

Oh, I love a good foodie celebration and one of my favourites has to be celebrating one of Yorkshire's best loved foodies delights. The humble Yorkshire pudding! Who doesn't love a good Yorkie pud? In our house I always need to make more than there are people dining as you can guarantee that even when all of the plates are clean I'll have someone asking for just one more pudding.

So to get you in the mood for Sunday I thought that I would share with you the best Yorkshire puddings recipe that I have ever had, my mums! She makes the best Yorkshire puddings so instead of looking through books to find one that works I thought I'd simply ask my mum! There are so many ways that you can enjoy Yorkshire puddings. The traditional way has to be with a Sunday roast beef.

This Beef Roasting Joint from Alid is perfect for a Sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings.

The Ashfield Farm beef joint has been matured for 21 months, is 100% British farmed and has the trust red tractor logo, so you know that you are getting a quality meat. This 1kg joint is priced at just £5.99 and there is enough meat for a Sunday roast as well as some leftover for the following day! What more could you want?

To cook the meat I always slow cook the joint for a minimum of 4 hours, but it can be left for up to 6 hours on a low heat. Season with a little salt and pepper and allow the meat to gradually cook. When you are ready to eat remove the meat from the slow cooker or the oven and leave to rest for 20 minutes before carving. But be warned, the meat is so tender it will literally fall apart!

Now onto my mums Yorkshire puddings. This is what I did...

Mums Yorkshire Puddings

Ingredients

300mls semi skimmed milk


Method

1 - Beat the eggs together and add to the flour

2 - Mix together until they are combined

3 - Gradually add the milk, stirring as you go

4 - Whisk the batter until it is nice and smooth and there are no lumps, cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for about an hour. Leaving the batter to rest can be quite debatable. However I find that when the batter is left to rest it becomes lighter and they rise a lot more.

5 - Pre heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6

6 - Take the tray that you are using for your puddings. I always go for my stoneware muffin tray, it only holds 6 puddings so I have to cook them in two batches but I find that the stoneware gives them the best rise and as it contains its own naturally occurring oils I do not need to use any fat to cook them in, so if you ever see one, get it! If you are using a metal muffin tray place a little oil in each of the muffin holes and place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes to allow the oil to heat up.

7 - Remove the heated tray from the oven and gently pour in the batter. We love big Yorkshire puddings so I fill the muffin holes three quarters of the way up and usually get 10 puddings but if you like smaller ones and fill half way up you will get more.

8 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 25 minutes


Once they have risen and are a golden brown they are ready.

How do you like your Yorkshire puddings? Will you be enjoying some on Sunday?

Pin me for later!

Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

Sharing with...

Hijacked By Twins


7 comments:

  1. Those yorkshires look amazing! I'll definitely have to give them a go the next time I'm making a roast :) #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are yummy! The kids can never eat just one x

      Delete
  2. I use stoneware too cook mine - let's say mine is more seasoned :-) #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh yummy, I love Yorkshire Puddings. Like your family, no matter how full I am I can always fit in an extra pud to wipe the gravy on my plate #Cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You can't beat a good Yorkshire Pudding. We too rest our batter too, it definietyl does seem to give a much better rise to the puddings. I'll have to hunt out a stoneware baking tray, it sounds very useful!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x