Tuesday 10 January 2017

#CookBlogShare Week 2 - 2017 Plus Veganuary Round-up



Welcome to week 2 of CookBlogShare 2017.

Now that the children have returned to school I am definitely back into my routine after the Christmas holiday. As much as I love the holidays, I crave to get back into a routine. A routine around the house, a routine with my blog and most of all a routine with my food. Once all of the celebrations are over all I want to eat is healthy clean meals. At the moment, thanks to Veganuary, there are so many deliciously healthy meals and recipes out there. With that in mind it was easy to select a theme for my round-up of last weeks linky. 

Last week the linky was with Mandy at Sneaky Veg. As always there was a fantastic array of recipes shared. Sweet treats, savoury dishes and plenty of mouth watering food. But it was definitely the vegan, Veganuary, recipes that won. So many of the recipes last week were vegan, so narrowing it down to just four really was a challenge. But one that I did enjoy!

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 1 2017 of CookBlogShare...

The first recipe that I chose this week is from my fellow CookBlogShare host Eb from Easy Peasy Foodie. Her Thai Red Tofu and Sweet Potato Curry is a great meal that is guaranteed to please any meat lover. Curries are always a winner in our house and this recipe is a must make! I know that next time I see some tofu this recipe will be on my mind!

Next up is a vegan drink from Rough Measures. Veganuary goes much further than just vegan food and this deliciously warming Vegan Hazelnut Hot Chocolate is the perfect example of how easy it to make little changes. After a cold winters walk, coming home to this hot chocolate sounds divine! My ideal way of warming up!

Following on with the sweet recipes are these afternoon tea delights from Tin and Thyme. Anything with almonds is a winner in my book but these Vanilla Almond Cookies are combined with even more of my favourite flavours. Coconut is such a versatile ingredient and one that compliments the other ingredients perfectly. These are a must bake!

Last but not least is another savoury dish. Tacos are such a great all rounder. They can be made with a variety of fillings, vegan or not, with tacos anything goes. Foodie Quine shares how to make tacos the Veganuary way with her Refried Beans, Pepper and Corn Tacos. Refried beans are a Mexican staple ingredient and one that I cannot get enough of and these tacos certainly leave me wanting more!

If you missed any of these recipes last week I definitely recommend that you take a look.

Now onto this weeks linky. Anything foodie goes, whatever you have cooked, blogged and shared  is welcome. All that I ask is that you add the badge below, comment on the HOST post and share the love by commenting on a few other posts. If you tweet me your posts at @k_phillipson I will retweet them all and throughout the week I will be Tweeting, Pinning and Stumbling your posts.

I hope you have a great week and I am looking forward to seeing what you have been cooking up!


8 comments:

  1. I love your choice of round up. All of those recipes caught my eye too and I can't wait to try them all. Thanks for hosting this week X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kirsty, lovely selection of recipes from last week, the 2 dinner ideas are fabulous, my kids would eat tacos for dinner everyday if they could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great round up! Thanks for hosting, Kirsty & happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year Kirsty and thank you for hosting this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab roundup. Loving those tacos! Thanks for including my Thai Curry - that recipe has had a lot of love this week!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great round up Kirsty, those tacos look so easy to pull together. Happy New year too!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year to all - looking forward to checking out some of your great recipes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely going to try the curry recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x