Monday 16 January 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 3 2017

Hello and welcome to week 3 of 2017!

Last week it was lovely to finally get back to normal. All three kids were at school and it was back to our regular routine and having my meal plan meant there was no stress when it came to dinner time. There was only one meal that was not made last week and that was the fish tagine. The day before I was going to make it Cheryl from Madhouse Family Reviews reminded me that I had not got my heat diffuser so I had a quick look, ordered one from trusty Amazon but it did not arrive in time for that meal so it will go onto next weeks meal plan. But I did manage to use my tagine for the first time and I love it! The meal was amazing, it was so full of flavour and a piece of cooking equipment that I am going to enjoy using.

This is what we ate last week...



Chicken Tray Bake - Not curried as planned as I had some bacon that needed using.

Smoked Salmon Pasta - Recipe will be live tomorrow!

Tagine meal which will also be live this week

Friday we had venison steaks with jacket potatoes and this lovely, vibrant coloured side salad

The other day I was sat looking at all of the cook books that I have on my shelves. I have that many they are in the kitchen, in the lounge and even in my office. One day I will count them but I thought that it would be great to use one a week and use it for a weekly post. I have so many favourite cook books I would love to share them and use them more. Please tell me I am not the only one that has so many cook books that do not get used enough!

Last week saw my 13th week at Slimming World and my last weigh in was no disappointment! I have lost another 2.5lbs and after a motivating group chat I even changed my target! So far I have lost 23lbs and now that I have changed my target I have another 26lbs to go, but I will be delighted with another 19lbs.

This weeks meals are all either syn free or low syn except for one which we will be having on Friday as that is my weigh in day. This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 3 2017

Monday - Slimming World Sausage Casserole

You can't beat a sausage casserole but if you have followed the SW plan you will know that they contain syns. I do enjoy the syn free vegetarian ones but the family do not. As a compromise I have bought some Slimming World pork sausages to try. They are from Iceland and can be cooked from frozen. I am planning to cook them and then add them into a casserole full of lovely root veg and beans.

Tuesday - Roast Pork

For Christmas I bought a meat hamper from our local market. With the turkey crown I also received some joints of meat. The pork joint was big enough to divide into two so on Tuesday I am going to roast one of them. This will be served with jacket potatoes and vegetables.

Wednesday - Pork Curry

With the leftover roast pork I will be making a curry. We love curry, especially a leftovers curry. I am planning to have a look through my cook books for a curry recipe to use and feature in a post next week.

Thursday - Haddock and Kale Kedgeree

This is going to feature in my Aldi post next Tuesday. At the moment they are promoting their feed your family for a fiver campaign and I am cooking along with them to show that it can be done!

Friday - Haggis Cottage Pie

As it is Burns Night next week I am getting a recipe planned. We love haggis, neeps and tatties and this year I am going to incorporate it into a cottage pie style meal.

Saturday - Chinese

At the moment I am not 100% sure what I will be cooking but it will be a Chinese dish. I am tempted to try the Slimming World sweet and sour.

That's it, another week planned. What have you got planned for this week?

If you write a meal planning post feel free to join in with the #mealplanningmonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love a curry! Nedd to put that on next week's meal plan now! LOVE your idea of a haggis cottage pie. I'm the only one in my family who likes haggis, but I think if it's in a pie with a mash top, it'll be loved. Hmm, might have to do this for Saturday. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eldest says he doesn't like haggis but we have tricked him into thinking it was sausage so it is worth a try! x

      Delete
  2. Looks so flavorful a colorful! Plus I love that these are full of healthy ingredients and I am a sucker for butternut squash and smoked salmon. Lovely meals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x