Wednesday 11 January 2017

The Ultimate Syn Free BLT

Who doesn't love a good sandwich? I certainly do but now that I am following the Slimming World eating plan I cannot always have bread. So to keep lunches exciting I have been thinking of ways to enjoy a sandwich type meal without needing to count the syns.

One of my favourite sandwiches has to be the classic BLT, bacon, lettuce and tomato. This recipe was created one hungry lunchtime when all I wanted was a BLT. I got thinking about how I could make it without using bread and, in my opinion, this is even better that the classic bread version.

My Ultimate Syn Free BLT is packed with speedy vegetables and protein so you know that with each bite you are getting nothing but goodness!

This is what I did...

The Ultimate Syn Free BLT

Ingredients - per serving

2 eggs
2 rashers of bacon, I used smoked, all visible fat removed
2 mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
Iceberg lettuce
Rocket to garnish
Spray oil

Method

1 - Place a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and spray over a coating of oil

2 - Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 2 minutes

3 - If you have crumpet rings place then in the pan, if you do not have any it does not matter, and crack the eggs into the rings. The rings will help to keep the eggs in a circular shape.

4 - After 5 minutes turn both the bacon and the eggs and add the mushrooms to the pan

5 - Cook for a further 5 minutes

6 - Using the eggs in the place of the bread create your BLT stacker by placing one of the eggs on a plate and layer with a rasher of bacon, mushrooms, slices of tomato followed by lettuce, then repeat a second layer of bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and lettuce. Finish the  BLT with the second fried egg and serve with a garnish of rocket.


Everything about this BLT was delicious and was even more satisfying than the classic bread version. Next time I want to feast on a sandwich I will definitely be having egg slices instead of bread slices!


Full of flavour, full of nutritional goodness and guilt free!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!





Hijacked By Twins

Link up your recipe of the week

16 comments:

  1. Looks scrumptious!! Love the presentation too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is actually watering.That looks delicious and still so light.x #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely. You have been doing great on slimming world. I have to say their recipes look great and something all the family can eat #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. It is a great slimming plan, I do not cook different meals, we all eat the same I just make the SW tweeks and we are all happy x

      Delete
  4. Total genius! Love it. And well done for all your progress on slimming world!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eb, still a way to go but I feel so much better for it x

      Delete
  5. It looks delicious and has made me want some crumpet rings too - the egg does actually look like a crumpet as well which is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crumpet rings are great, I actually use them for many things and hardly ever to make crumpets! x

      Delete
  6. Firstly - LOVE your blog name! This BLT looks absolutely delicious. I can just imagine those flavors meshed together! Definitely on my to make list! Thank you for linking up with #globalblogging. Hope to see you next week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Hijacked by Twins is our life since they arrived, bless them! This BLT is so good and healthy. I have #GlobalBlogging on my weekly list now so will be back x

      Delete
  7. Looks so good! I'm hungry right now and reading this blog post has not helped! Thanks for sharing with my new Weekend Brunch Club linky too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have made you hungry then I have succeeded! :-) x

      Delete
  8. Yum this looks so good Kirsty, using egg instead of bread is a wonderful idea! I have heard a lot of good things about SW, I'm doing WW at the mo and think this would work for that plan too, hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using egg instead of bread is absolutely genius! Looks just like a breakfast muffin!
    Lauren
    Elle Bloggs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x