Friday 22 May 2015

Muesli and Chia Seed Morning Buns

When I went too bake the hubby his tea loaf for his morning snack at work I discovered that I have no dried fruit! This is unheard of in our house. However it did give me the perfect excuse to try a new bake for him.

These buns are packed full of muesli, made with spelt flour and contain chia seeds. They are a more dense bake which is ideal for a breakfast bun. They are also made with maple syrup instead of sugar which makes them a great, healthy start to the day!

This is what I did...



Muesli and Chia Seed Morning Buns

Ingredients

150g baking spread
150g maple syrup
150g spelt flour
1 heaped tsp baking powder
3 British Lion Eggs
150g muesli
1tbsp chia seeds

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Place the spelt flour, baking powder, baking spread, maple syrup and eggs together in a bowl and mix thoroughly until you have a smooth cake mixture

2 - Stir in the muesli and chia seeds. You will have a thick cake mixture but do not worry that is how it is supposed to be!

3 - Divide the mixture between 10 - 12 bun cases

4 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 30 minutes

5 - Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool


These cakes are perfect in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee. If kept in an air tight container they will keep longer.




Eggs are one of the most versatile ingredients that can be used in sweet or savoury meals and bakes. British Lion Eggs have a great website that includes a wide range of recipes. From baking to pancakes, from omelette's to main meals, they even have boiled egg recipes!

Enjoy x

Sharing with Casa Costello - Bake of the Week and Supergolden Bakes - Cook, Blog, Share hosted by Patisserie Makes Perfect

Casa Costello
#CookBlogShare 

 Disclosure: I will be receiving a thank you gift from British Lions Eggs for mentioning them in my recipe. No cash payment has been received. All thoughts, words and opinions are my own as is the recipe.

4 comments:

  1. These look really tasty and great for breakfasts. Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and healthy recipe. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    I am celebrating my First Blog Anniversary-http://herbsspicesandtradition.blogspot.ca/2015/05/my-first-blog-anniversary-event.html
    There is a event and a give away. Please join, it is open for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog I love the articles I have added it to my bookmarks will be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a nice healthy alternative for a breakfast on the run.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x