Wednesday 20 May 2015

Pork Rib Eye Steaks and 3 Pepper Sauce - Family Favourites

Recently I have returned to getting my meat delivered. I have subscribed to a weekly family box which contains five different meats along with a few vegetables and fruits. All have been sourced from local farms and are of a high quality.

One of the reasons which I like to get the boxes delivered is because we get a greater variety of meats to try than if I were to buy from the shops or the market. When I buy meat I tend to stick to the meats I know that we like and do not tend to look at what else there is. This is often due to time and wanting to get the shopping finished and to be home in time to collect the twins. With the boxes I get sent different meats which make me think a bit more about how to prepare, cook and serve the weeks meals.

In a recent box I received some Pork Rib Eye steaks. This was the first time that I had seen, let alone eaten pork rib eye. So this really was a new meat for the family. I decided to serve the pork steaks on a base of pepper sauce which complimented the steaks perfectly.

This is what I did...

Pork Rib Eye Steaks and 3 Pepper Sauce

Ingredients - serves 4

4 pork rib eye steaks
1tbsp oil
1 onion
10g butter
150g mushrooms, halved and sliced
1 Knorr 3 Pepper Flavour Pot
300mls double cream

Method

1 - Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat

2 - Place the steaks in the pan and cook for approximately 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like your meat cooking

3 - To make the pepper sauce melt the butter in a pan and add the onions

4 - Once the onions have softened add the mushrooms and the Knorr 3 pepper flavour pot and mix thoroughly

5 - Stir in the cream and gently bring to just below boiling point and remove from the heat


To serve spoon the sauce onto a place and place the pork rib eye steak on the top. This dish goes perfectly with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

Enjoy x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x