Monday 18 May 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 18th May 2015

Last week I returned to getting my weekly meat delivered. This means we will be having a bit more variety. I like that each week I will be getting meats which I would not usually buy.

This week I was sent beef steak skewers, smoked bacon, pork shoulder, burgers and pork pies.

Last week I shared a variety of recipes and also wrote about a new campaign that is running to help parents get their children to eat more veg. It is a must read for any parent. I was amazed by the statistics that the campaign has shared! You can read more in my Eat Your Veg post.

These are the recipes I shared last week...




This is what meals we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 18th May 2015

Beef Pies

With the beef skewers that I received in my meat box I am going to remove the beef from the skewers and will use it to make individual beef pies.

Spaghetti Carbonara

With the smoked bacon I will be making a carbonara. This is a favourite of ours that we have not had for a long time.

Pulled pork

On Wednesday I will be using the pork shoulder to make a pulled pork dinner.

Lasagne

This is another favourite that I am planning to give a make over. Instead of using a tomato based sauce I am planning to cook the meat and vegetables in a creamy sauce.

Sausage and Bean Casserole

This will be a great, easy one pot meal that the kids will love!

Next week, as it is half term, I am not meal planning however I will be sharing my top meal planning tips and some recipe ideas!

I hope you have a good, tasty week x

As always I am sharing with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of changing up the usual lasagne. We have been low carb since Christmas and I tried making quinoa lasagne which was a disaster! Much better using aubergine instead (kinda more like a moussaka) #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son would like your lasagne - he doesn't like too much tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of your lasagne, my son would love this. The beef pies sound delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should try playing with meals... but I'm not adventurous enough. Where do you get your meat delivered from? I've been considering it myself.

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, I get mine from Farmisons. They're based in Yorkshire and only deal with specific farms so you know where the meat comes from x

      Delete
  5. Mmm all sounds delicious...we love carbonara here too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab meal plan this week, the pulled pork sounds fantastic! Have a great week #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x