Tuesday 7 July 2015

Coconut Boost Bites

I recently discovered how great it is to cook with raw coconut oil. Not only does it add some delicious flavours to any dish but it is also really good for you. It can help strengthen your immune system, helps with easy digestion and it helps to heal damaged tissues and infections to name but a few benefits.


I really wanted to experiment and use it in baking. That is how this recipe came along. I simply got some of my favourite ingredients and put them all together to create this delicious boost bite. This bake is full of goodness so you will not need to feel guilty eating it!

This is what I did...


Coconut Boost Bites

Ingredients

150g coconut flour
200g coconut oil
150g maple syrup
100g milled flax, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds with goji berries
100g dried fruit
4 eggs
1tbsp raw cacao

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until they are all evenly combined

2 - Grease a loose bottomed flan dish with a little coconut oil

3 - Using your hand press the mixture into the flan dish

4 - Place in the pre heated oven and bake for 20 minutes

5 - Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes before slicing while still warm . Allow to completely cool in the tin before removing.


I have called these boost bars because raw cacao is known to naturally boost moods!

This bake is not a cake, nor is it a biscuit, it has the consistency of a raw cake. These really are delicious bites of natural goodness. They are gluten, sugar and dairy free so everyone can enjoy them!


Enjoy x

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week
Casa Costello

2 comments:

  1. these sound delicious. I love coconut oil, I use it a lot. will definitely be trying this recipe out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love this so much, so full of goodness, ooh just gorgeous. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x