Thursday 16 July 2015

Minted Lamb Chops - Recipe and Meat Porter Review

I love meat, but it has to be good quality meat. So when I was asked if I would like to try a home meat delivery service I jumped at the chance.

In the past I have ordered from online meat suppliers and like that the meat has been sourced from British free range farms. I truly believe that the meat tastes so much better when it has come from a good farm. 


Meat Porter is a new up and coming company who does just that!

They source all of their meat and artisan products from British free range farms. The meat that you will get from Meat Porter is the same meat, from the same suppliers, that goes to some of the top restaurants. Therefore you can enjoy top quality meat at home for a fraction of the price.

When ordering from Meat Porter you can either create your own meat box by selecting exactly what you would like or you could have a surprise box. I went with the surprise box. I like to receive surprise boxes as I find that you often receive meats that you would not normally buy. The surprise boxes come in three sizes...
  • A Little Surprise - Priced at £33 you receive enough meat for 14 - 17 meals
  • A Classic Surprise - Priced at £44 you receive enough meat for 18 - 21 meals
  • A Big Surprise - Priced at £55 you receive enough meat for 22- 25 meals
Being a family of five I went for the Big Surprise box. When I received the meat I was amazed by how much there was. The box would easily feed a family of four to five. The box was delivered in the afternoon on a very hot day but the meat was packed in an insulated box with ice packs so it was as fresh as it was when it left Meat Porter.


In the box I received:
  • 4 lamb chops
  • 6 Cumberland sausages
  • 472g rump steak
  • 4 pork loin steaks
  • 4 beef burgers
  • 6 plain sausage 
  • 450g minced beef
  • Bacon

So far we have tried the mince beef, the sausages and the lamb chops and the meat has been of a top quality. The only thing that I would like to see Meat Porter do is state on the meat packaging where the meat is from. I like to know where my meat has come from and have found that other companies do label which farm the meat is from. However that is just my personal choice. I have been impressed with the meat that I have tried so far and love the surprise element of opening up the box!

Meat Porter are part of a crowd funding campaign with YouCan2. Crowd funding is a way that the public can invest in supporting new businesses and be part of the growth of the company. I can see this company being a success and this is a great way to be a part of that success. For more information see YouCan2

I have decided to share with you a delicious lamb dish that I made with the lamb chops that I received in the Big Surprise box. This is what I did...


Minted Lamb Chops

Ingredients

4 lamb chops
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint

Method

1 - Place the olive oil, white wine vinegar and chopped mint is a large dish and mix together

2 - Add the lamb chops to the dish and cover them in the marinade


3 - Leave the in the covered dish to absorb the flavours for at least one hour

4 - To cook the lamb chops heat the grill to a high temperature

5 - Place the lamb chops under the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side

This dish is delicious served with minted new potatoes and vegetables.


Enjoy x

Disclosure: I was sent the Big Surprise box from Meat Porter for the purpose of this blog post. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

2 comments:

  1. I have all these ingredients already, so I will try this for dinner tonight. Looks lovely and not too complicated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all these ingredients already, so I will try this for dinner tonight. Looks lovely and not too complicated

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x