Tuesday 28 July 2015

Shiitake Mushroom, Kale and Bacon Spaghetti

I find that my children will eat just about any vegetable if it is combined with pasta or spaghetti. That is how this recipe came along.

We love to grow our own fruit and vegetables and have got a lot of kale that is ready for cutting. I knew that the children would not like it if I served it as a side vegetable, but if it was mixed in they would. When I went down to the vegetable patch to collect some kale I also got an onion, a garlic and a chilli for the meal.

This is such an easy meal to make that is full of flavour. I can see that this meal is going to be a favourite!

This is what I did...

Shiitake Mushroom, Kale and Bacon Spaghetti

Ingredients

125g Shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 onion, halved, quartered and sliced
1/2 red chilli, chopped
6 rashers of bacon, fat removed and chopped
2 kale leaves, stalk removed and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300g wholegrain spaghetti
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp olive oil

Method

1 - Cook the spaghetti as per instructions

2 - Heat the olive oil in a deep sauce pan

3 - Gently fry the onions, garlic, red chilli and bacon over a medium heat for 10 minutes

4 - Add the shiitake mushrooms and kale and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly


5 - Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan of bacon and vegetables, sprinkle over the rosemary and mix thoroughly before serving



This spaghetti dish is full of delicious flavours. You can serve it as it is, or with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese over the top or with some garlic bread!

Enjoy x


CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. They look so delicious. I love using shiitake mushrooms for cooking. So nice to eat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe, i have saved it to do in the next few weeks! Thank you! #tastytuesdays

    http://www.mummandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very envious, would love to have a vegetable patch in my back garden! Must be great to know you can have fresh vegetables when you want them and be able to create delicious dishes like this! Yum! Thanks for linking it! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this right now, come on over would you ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x