Sunday 19 July 2015

12th July - 18th July 2015 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has been a week of acceptance. Acceptance that I needed to admit that things were not right with regard to my depression. I recently took a turn and went down again. However I finally admitted that I needed to talk and called the doctors. This has resulted in getting a rocket up my backside to exercise more and a temporary increase in my medication. It has now been a year since my diagnosis and I am realising that there is no quick fix. It is going to take time and will be a roller coaster of a ride to recovery.

Anyway back to my Project365. Here is our week in pictures...

Sunday 12th July 2015


On Sunday I had a baking morning and made some delicious biscuits from Sweetpea Pantry. As you can see from this picture the twins loved tucking in to them. You can read about them here.

Monday 13th July 2015


On Monday morning I enjoyed going for a long walk with the dogs. We tried a new walk that was great!

Tuesday 14th July 2015


This was the only picture that I took on Tuesday and it is of Taylor's lovely sleepy face. Bless him, he was fast asleep on me in the afternoon and I found myself just sitting and gazing at how peaceful he looked.

Wednesday 15th July 2015


Wednesday was the day that I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't right and had my telephone appointment with my doctor. On Wednesday I made this lovely roasted Mediterranean vegetable pasta and finished the day with a great work out!

Thursday 16th July 2015


On Thursday we went to the schools annual leavers service. Now that the twins are older they are sitting a lot better through the services. As they go to a church school there are quite a few each term. This time Isabella went prepared with colouring and Taylor took a book.

Friday 17th July 2015


On Friday I needed to take the hubby's car to get some new tyres. Thankfully there are shops and a Costa coffee shop around the corner. So after buying some yummy Marks and Spencers food I went armed with my iPad and chilled with a coffee and free wifi! When the kids are back at school in September I am going to make it a weekly treat!

Saturday 18th July 2015


On Saturday I had some time out with my mother in law at a mini spa. We enjoyed an hour together in the spa area then took it in turns to have treatments and have some alone time. It has really refreshed me!

Hope you have a lovely week x

As always I am sharing with...

TWTWC
Running in Lavender

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're getting the help you need and that you've accepted that there is no quick fix for depression. It's not always easy to talk to a doctor about it so I'm glad you took that step. :)

    Taylor's sleepy face is utterly adorable!
    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely do the weekly treat come September, and hope things improve for you and well done for recognising things weren't right xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes those cookies look massively in demand, I bet they were amazing!! Lovely the sleeping baby picture and hope you had a great time at the Spa. Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an important step to accept that things need to change, well done as it can't have been easy. That roasted veg pasta looks delicious x #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on realising things need a boost, and going for it. Years ago when I had depressions I was told by the psychologist if it took a year to hit rock bottom it takes another to get back to the top, took me 2 years to hit rock bottom!! Nice that you enjoyed your walk and your spa.
    Love the peaceful sleeping Taylor, he is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spa sounds like a great end to the week and just what you needed. I'm glad you spoke to the doctor and that you're taking steps to change things. Love the sleepy boy photo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending lots of happy, positive thoughts. I hope you're ok and well done for speaking to the doctor.

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wish i had the patience and time to do this, wonderful idea
    kayke_dee@yahoo.co.uk
    @kayke_dee twitter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x