Thursday 2 July 2015

Summer Vegetables, Chicken and Rice Dish

Regular readers will know that I love creating new meals with leftovers!

That is how this meal came along. I had half a chicken left after a Sunday roast. I normally end up cooking a Leftover Curry but as we are wanting to increase our vegetable intake I wanted to create a healthier leftovers meal.

I have combined the leftover chicken with plenty of vegetables and brown rice.

This is what I did...



Summer Vegetables, Chicken and Rice - Serves 4

Ingredients

400g leftover roast chicken, diced
1 leek, cut into thin strips
2 courgettes
1 red onion
2 hand fulls of spinach
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 red chilli, chopped
300g brown rice
1tbsp olive oil

Method

1 - Cook the rice as per instructions

2 - Heat the olive oil in a wok or deep saute pan over a high heat

3 - Add the all of the vegetables except for the spinach and fry for 10 minutes stirring regularly

4 - Add the cooked, diced chicken and heat through for 5 minutes

5 - Add the spinach and heat for 2 minutes then remove from the heat

6 - Drain the cooked rice and add to the wok or saute pan, mix thoroughly and serve


This meal is so quick and easy to prepare. It is perfect for the hot days when you want a lovely light, but filling meal.

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x