Tuesday 26 April 2016

Root Veg and Bacon Hash

I love buying stew packs of vegetables. They are such good value and full of delicious root vegetables. There are so many different meals that you can make with one simple bag of vegetables. Today I am sharing one of our favourite meals. This dish can be made using any left over vegetables that you may have after a Sunday dinner or you can pop to Aldi spend just £1.39 on a stew bag and make a hearty meal that is well within budget!

This is what I did...


Root and Veg Bacon Hash - Serves 4

Ingredients

12 rashers of Specially Selected outdoor bred oak smoked streaky bacon, chopped
British Stew Pack - 7 carrots, 1 onion, 2 parsnips and 1 swede, all chopped
300g Charlotte potatoes, chopped


Spray oil
organic eggs
1/2 tsp mixed herbs

Method

1 - Steam the potatoes, carrots, parsnip and swede for 20 minutes or until soft

2 - Spray a little oil in a large frying pan or saute pan add the onion and streaky bacon and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes

3 - Add the steamed vegetables and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly

4 - In a separate frying pan fry your eggs to taste

5 - To serve place the root veg and bacon hash on a plate and top with an egg


The ingredients for this meal cost just £5.16
  • £1.39 - Stew pack of vegetables
  • 79p - Charlotte potatoes
  • £1.59 - Streaky bacon
  • £1.39 - 6 organic eggs
After making this meal I still had carrots, potatoes and 2 eggs for another meal. I am sure that you will agree that is great value for money!

This is a meal that the whole family will enjoy and a great way to get some extra vegetables into the children's diets.

Enjoy x
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with Aldi
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

9 comments:

  1. i love making bubble and squeak from my sunday lunch leftovers so i know i would love this - part form the egg! I would have beans with mine as i don't like eggs! (well only in cakes, quiche or covered with chocolate at easter lol!). great value meal though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely frugal meal, Kirsty. I bet it tasted delicious - lovely and easy too! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love root veg. this is such a delicious meal that I would eat it for brekkie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I could along quite nicely with this deliciousness!!! Root Veggies are soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tasty, frugal dish! Thanks for linking up with #CreditCrunchMunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple and easy meal, I know my family would love this

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great comfort dish perfect for this little cold snap! Thanks for a great frugal entry to #CreditCrunchMunch:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh babes, your recipes are immense, love this and must go eat my dinner pronto x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love root veggies, they taste great and are such good value as you say. This looks like a lovely warming dish for this crazy weather we're having! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x