Monday 25 April 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 16 Round Up

Wow another week has flown by! Round Up time certainly is coming round quickly. There were so many great recipes shared last week, thank you. I thought that I had selected the four recipes that I wanted to feature this week. That was until I saw a certain sweet treat that I knew I had to feature. So I had to re think my theme completely. 

This week my theme is a balanced diet. Healthy, fresh main meals with a good helping of sweet treats to finish off with. 

Before I go on and tell you about my favourite four recipes I want to say thank you to everyone who joined in last week. It is great to see so many people returning each week as well as new people joining in. Tomorrow CookBlogShare is being hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg. I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up and blogging about.

Now on to this weeks round up. Here are my four favourite recipes from CookBlogShare week 16...
 
Pasta dishes are always a hit in our house, especially when combined with wild mushrooms and garlic. Gennaro Contaldo's Wild Mushroom and Garlic Tagliatelle from Charlotte's Lively Kitchen not only sounds delicious but looks amazing in the photography in this blog post. If you like pasta, you must check this recipe out!

Next up is one of my favourite chocolate/fruit combinations. The Not So Creative Cook has shared Selma's Flourless Chocolate and Raspberry Torte. This torte looks like it would just melt in your mouth with the gooey chocolate. Then with the juicy sweetness from the raspberries you have the perfect combination of indulgence with added goodness!

Now on to the recipe which made me change this weeks round up completely. The Gluten Free Alchemist shared this stunning Chocolate Mint 'After Eight' Ice Cream Cake Sandwiches! Wow! These desserts scream out "eat me". I love everything about this recipe, I love how these tempting flavours have been combined together to create perfection. I need this dessert in my life and it is going to the top of my to try list!

Finally is this twist on a family favourite of ours. Julie's Family Kitchen shared her Chicken and Pepper Orzotto. This recipe is based on a risotto but instead of using arborio rice, Julie has replaced it with Orzo pasta. This make a time consuming, patience required dish into a quick, easy meal. Perfect for a mad midweek dinner!

I am sure you will agree that these are all tempting recipes. If you did not see them last week I definitely recommend you take a look!

I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up and I will be back next Monday with a round up.

Have a great week x
CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. Oh I want an after 8 ice-cream sandwich right now! Thanks for choosing my pasta x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful recipes! I want to eat them all...now! Does anyone deliver??? :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! Thanks for your kind words and for featuring my ice cream sandwiches..... (and sorry for throwing a side-ball to your round-up!). It's funny..... I thought I was really cutting it fine time-wise on a couple of linkies, so I am really chuffed that they have been noticed! I have to admit, they are pretty amazing..... I can't stop eating them!
    Mind you.... I'm a sucker to a good pasta too.... and a good melty flourless chocolate torte.... so I'll take the lot please!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x