Tuesday 19 April 2016

Pesto, Mushroom and Pancetta Chicken

Every week I am going to be sharing with you a meal that I have cooked using ingredients that you can find at your local Aldi. They are going to be meals that the whole family will enjoy and best of all, the meals will not cost a fortune to make. I am going to show you that even when your shopping budget is tight you can still enjoy deliciously healthy meals.

This week I am sharing a favourite meal of mine. I first discovered it when my mum cooked a similar meal. This dish is easy to prepare and full of flavour. Today I am going to tell and show you what you can make using the ingredients below.


This is what I did...

Pesto, Mushroom and Pancetta Chicken

Ingredients - serves 2 adults and 3 children

3 chicken breasts
3 tbsp pesto Genovese
1 lg mushroom, thinly sliced
12 rashers of smoked pancetta

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing in half, length ways


2 - Using a steak hammer gently beat the chicken breast to flatten it a little, this will make wrapping the breast easier

3 - Spoon on one tablespoon of pesto Genovese



4 - Spread the pesto over the chicken breast and lay over a few mushroom slices


5 - Fold over the chicken breast to enclose the pesto and mushrooms. Take 4 rashers of smoked pancetta and wrap around the breast using cocktail sticks to secure in place


6 - Place the wrapped chicken breasts in an oven proof dish, place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked


7 - Once thoroughly cooked remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving


The pesto adds so much flavour to the chicken and leaves the meat lovely and moist. The smoked pancetta goes perfectly with the chicken and basil pesto. This is such a flavoursome meal that is always a winner in our house. I served the chicken with some steamed new potatoes and vegetables.


I found that 3 chicken breasts were enough to feed two adults and three children. The chicken breasts from Aldi were all a good size and did not shrink at all during cooking. I bought a large pack of chicken breasts which contained 6 large pieces of chicken breast. I used 3 for this meal and was able to place the remaining chicken breasts in the freezer for another meal.


Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post
CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo I haven't made these for ages - one of my OH's favs too! Thanks for reminding me about them! #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely and so easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken with pesto and pancetta. I've not tried adding in mushrooms before so I'll have to give that a go next time I cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. This looks so good. I love how easy they are to make and what fab flavours! Eb x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x