Monday 18 April 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 18th April 2016

This week I have gone about meal planning in a different way to normal. Usually when I meal plan, I look at what I have got in the cupboard, fridge and freezer and go from there. This week I have changed my tactics. This week I have written my meal plan, before going shopping. Therefore my shopping list has consisted of foods that I know I will be needing. I am hoping that this will not only cut down on our shopping bill but also reduce our food waste.

Hopefully it'll go as planned, but I will let you know if it worked next week.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 18th April 2016

Monday - Root Veg Hash and Egg

I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was a success so we will be having it again this week. This will be a recipe that I will be sharing next week.

Tuesday - Meatballs Carnival Style

As part of my Foodieseeker Friday features I am going to be recreating a dish that is on one of the menus from Carnival Vista. This week I am going to be making my version of Nonna's Linguine and Meatballs from the Cucina del Capitano menu.

Wednesday - Omelette, Jacket Potatoes and Salad

As you know we have chickens and we have got quite a few eggs so this week we will be having omelettes, jacket potatoes and salad or beans for the kids.

Thursday - Chicken Pesto Pasta

This will be a simple but delicious dish. Pasta tossed with chicken and pesto.

Friday - Fish Friday

Healthy fish, chips and homemade mushy peas.

Hope you have a good week.

As always I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home with Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday.

mpm different fonts.png

4 comments:

  1. Great plan, the meatballs and the root veg hash sound really interesting, I'll look forward to those recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice menu! I always work out my menu before I shop, but I still stock up and lot as a force of habit. That's why we generally have 5 tins of beans in the cupboard or six packets of frozen sausages in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new tactic! I do my grocery shopping online and plan as I'm shopping.
    The meatballs sound delicious as does the Root Veg Hash and Eggs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Root Veg Hash sounds really interesting, i will be looking out for the recipe. Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x