Saturday 30 April 2016

23rd April - 29th April 2016 - One Picture Everyday For One Week

What a great week I have had. I have actually felt like me again which is lovely. I have enjoyed going out, walking the kids to school, walking the dogs and even baking! Fingers crossed my medication has now settled down and this is a sign of the future!

This week has seen walks, food and a busy hubby! This is my week in pictures...

Saturday 23rd April 2016


On Saturday the hubby was busy all day laying a new patio area in the garden. I am always amazed and proud of all the work he does outside in the garden, he does a great job. After such a wet winter and with the dogs running up and down the grass in the first section of our garden has worn away hence why we wanted a patio area. While the hubby was busy I had fun in the kitchen baking! 

Sunday 24th April 2016



On Sunday the hubby got our new patio finished. The twins have been so excited for it to be finished as it will give them a larger area for them to ride their bikes and scooters on.

Monday 25th April 2016


Monday was all about getting back into the weekly routine of school runs and housework. I made this salad for lunch and even packed one up for the hubby for his lunch the following day. This is a recipe that I will be sharing! It was a deliciously healthy alternative to a shop bought potato salad.

Tuesday 26th April 2016


Tuesday was freezing! As you can see from my picture the winter hat and gloves came back out! But despite the cold I got wrapped up and enjoyed some time in the garden with the animals and walking the dogs.

Wednesday 27th April 2016


Wednesday was yet another cold day that saw all types of weather. We had glorious blue sky and sunshine then dark clouds, rain, hail, sleet and even snow! On Wednesday I did something which I have not done since my depression began. I baked bread! I always used to bake all of our bread but when my depression took over it was one of the things that I lost all interest in. But on Wednesday I really wanted to bake some, so I did and have rekindled a love. While it was proving Isabella asked to bake some buns, which we did.

Thursday 28th April 2016


All this week we have been going to walk my mum and dads dog after the twins have finished school. He is getting old now but the kids adore him, as do I! It was lovely to take him out even if it was bitterly cold.

Friday 29th April 2016



Every week I take part in a Fitbit challenge with some lovely people who are now really good friends. It has been a long time since I was at the top. This week I have done 72,797 steps! This is another good sign that the old me is coming back!

Fingers crossed next week will be just as good. I am enjoying having this new found motivation and determination back!

As always I am sharing my week with...

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky
Running in Lavender
What Katy Said

16 comments:

  1. How wonderful to read....I'm glad things are better for you!
    It looks like you have all been busy! The food of course looks great and the patio fantastic!
    Well done with all those steps :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Kirsty this is so fab you sound like you are feeling a million times better and hoorah to making bread that seems like such a huge step. I love home made bread. Hasn't the weather been odd, we had deep snow on Friday morning thankfully it had melted by 2pm but I struggled getting of the drive for the school run, today we have had blue skies and sunshine!! I cant wait till summer now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely selection of food this week, it all looks and sounds very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that cake looks yummy huni. The weather has been bonkers hasn't it?! I hope you are at BlogCamp or BritMums, it would be lovely to see you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really positive week but with bonkers weather! The cake looks delicious and such cosy hat and gloves - but it is April!! Roll on the summer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. Lots of lovely baking and cooking this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling a lot better. The food all looks so delicious! I had to get my winter hat and boots back out again last week. Its so bizarre isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great place to go for a walk, and that cake looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks amazing!! What a lovely photo from your walk, and well done on the steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lovely week. Can't believe you were in a hat and gloves. Brrr. Hope the nice weather makes it to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely to hear that you are feeling more like your old self Kirsty, these things take time but so happy for you.
    looks and sounds like a very productive week baking and cooking wise and well done on all of the steps too !!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love baking bread! It's so satisfying isn't it? My only problem is not eating the whole loaf with butter while it's still warm.... I'm glad you are feeling more like yourself again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must show this to my husband, he has a FitBit and tells me his stats every night (whether I want to hear them or not.. ha ha). Isn't the weather crazy, last week was freezing and right now (a week on) I'm typing away in the kitchen with the doors open. As always great captures of your week! Thank you so much for sharing them with #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so lovely to read how well you are doing, and baking bread is amazing! Thank you for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to know what that first photo is of- recipe immediately please!! I could eat that alllll to myself!! Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely that you are getting back into the walking, nice to see your mood improve.
    How nice that your husband is doing all that work and that the twins will be able to ride their bikes round the garden. I am sure he appreciated your home baking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x