Friday 3 January 2014

Creamy Salmon Pasta

At this time of year my body craves something other than large meals with potatoes!
Come January I tend to cook a lot of pasta, rice and couscous dishes.
I enjoy lighter meals after all of the Christmas indulgence.
Yesterday I had 4 salmon fillets to use plus some tomatoes, leeks and cream which was at it's use by date.
So I got my thinking cap on, and this is what I got...
 
Creamy Salmon Pasta
 
Ingredients
 
4 salmon fillets, skinned and sliced
2 leeks, chopped
200g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
250mls double cream
300g pasta
Juice of 1 lemon
Parsley
Chives
Black pepper
Salt
 
Method
 
1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions
 
2 - In a little olive oil and half of the lemon juice fry the leeks and salmon
 
3 - Once the leeks are soft add the tomatoes to the pan and continue to cook until the salmon is cooked through
 
4 - Add the cream, parsley, chives, black pepper and a sprinkle of sea salt. The herbs can be added to taste. I also added the other half of the lemon but again this is to taste
 
5 - Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the creamy salmon
 
6 - Cook for a couple of minutes and serve
 
This is really easy and quick meal to make and was a welcomed change to the big heavy meals that we have been having.
Enjoy x
 

1 comment:

  1. oh yum yum yum i love salmon and pasta together my favorite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x