Tuesday 28 January 2014

Fruit and Hazelnut Flapjack

This is my third attempt at getting this recipe right and it certainly was third time lucky!
I love flapjack but I find it hard to find a good quality one from the supermarket. Plus the really nice ones are often more expensive and when you are a family that has to stick to a tight budget it is cheaper and more satisfying to make your own!
This recipe is both delicious and cheap to make!
This is what you do...

Fruit and Hazelnut Flapjack

Ingredients

75g dark muscovado sugar
75g light muscovado sugar
250g non salted sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
350g oats
100g dried fruit
50g dried apricot
50g dried cranberries
25g chopped hazelnuts

Method

Pre heat the oven to 150C fan

1 - Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup on a low heat

2 - Once the butter has melted and the sugar has all dissolved remove from the heat and stir in the oats, nuts and dried fruits

3 - Line a tray bake tin with baking paper

4 - Put the oats, nuts and fruit mixture into the tin and level off

5 - Place in the oven for 45 minutes

6 - Once baked leave in the tin for 15 minutes, then slice and leave to cool in the tin

7 - Once cooled store in an air tight container

These are not only delicious but the oats also provide some wholegrain goodness!
Enjoy x

 
I have shared this recipe with Honest Mum's Tasty Tuesdays. Check out Papa G's Spinach Rice recipe, it looks delicious!
I have also shared this recipe with A Mummy Too's Recipe of the Week. Check it out as there are so many delicious recipes!
 
Link up your recipe of the week
 


13 comments:

  1. I always think a flapjack is technically healthy too as it has oats in.. Right?! (Please tell me I'm right?! Looks delicious #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think its healthy :-) there's fruit in, and oats so it can't be bad!! x

      Delete
  2. I love flapjacks with lots of fruit and nuts in like these ones. My husband always just wants the plain ones though so I hardly ever make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good hing about flapjack is you can add anything to taste! Make a half and half one, half plain and half with added extras then everyone is happy :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks crunchy, fall apart in your mouth delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum yum Kirsty i do love flapjack and yours looks immense! in fact i could happily eat some now please x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, I've been meaning to try flapjacks :) #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are really easy, it just took me a few tries to get the recipe right :-)

      Delete
  6. My hubby loves flapjacks i need to make him a batch and these look great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I flippin' love a good flapjack and this sounds great. Thanks so much for joining in with #recipeoftheweek. I’ve pinned and tweeted this post and there’s a fresh linky live now. I hope you’ll pop over and join in again this week, if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x