Thursday 30 January 2014

Wholegrain Goodness Challenge Days 9 & 10

We really are on a roll now with the wholegrain challenge and have changed our diets to include wholegrain.
This is how we have got on...

Wholegrain Goodness Challenge Day 9

Breakfast

The twins are enjoying the Shreddies with bananas for their breakfasts.
Joseph had multigrain boulders and hubby had oats.

Lunch

The twins enjoyed haggis yet again with chicken and potatoes.
Hubby took to work his homemade wholemeal sandwiches.
I also had a wholemeal sandwich.

Dinner

I made one of our favourites this evening. I made tuna pasta bake but changed our usual white pasta for the brown wholegrain pasta. We have been enjoying the extra flavour that the brown wholemeal pasta brings to the dishes and are looking at making this a permanent change to our diets!
The twins enjoyed a wholegrain serving with their wholemeal egg sandwiches!

Snacks

I have made some wholemeal banana and oat muffins. Joseph enjoyed one when he got home from school.

Day 9 - Results

Twins - 3 wholegrain servings
Joseph - 3 wholegrain servings
Hubby - 3 wholegrain servings
Me - 2 wholegrain servings

Wholegrain Goodness Challenge Day 10

Breakfast

The twins are enjoying the Shreddies with bananas for their breakfasts.
Joseph had multigrain boulders and hubby had oats.
I have some of my fruit, hazelnut and oat flapjack.

Lunch

The twins loved the wholegrain tuna pasta bake for their lunch!
The hubby had his usual wholemeal sandwich and a banana and oat muffin.
I also had a wholemeal sandwich.

Dinner

I made a meat and vegetable pie for dinner with a wholemeal pastry. Joseph has told me that he actually prefers the wholemeal pastry to regular white flour pastry. I tend to agree with his too! The wholemeal flour just adds more flavour and texture to the pastry.
The twins had beans on wholemeal toast.

Day 10 - Results

Twins - 3 wholegrain servings
Joseph - 2 wholegrain servings
Hubby - 4 wholegrain servings
Me - 3 wholegrain servings

Disclaimer: The Wholegrain Goodness Challenge is in association with Mumsnet and Wholegrain Goodness. I received a shopping voucher to purchase wholegrain foods but all of the views expressed are my own and 100% honest.
To read some of other feedback visit Mumsnet Wholegrain Goodness Challenge
To read more about the health benefits of wholegrain visit Wholegrain Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x