Sunday 26 January 2014

Wholegrain Goodness Challenge Day 5 & 6

Despite not being well these last two days we have kept up with our wholegrain intake. We are finding this challenge easier than anticipated.
Here is how we got on...
 
Wholegrain Goodness Challenge Day 5
 
Breakfast
 
Joseph had his wholegrain first thing in his Shreddies.
Hubby has changed his breakfast to oats to see if this will help settle his stomach a bit.
The twins have stuck to their usual breakfasts but they will be having Shreddies over the weekend.
 
Lunch
 
The twins had some Mediterranean stew and wholegrain brown rice for their lunch.
Hubby had his homemade wholemeal bread sandwiches.
As I wasn't feeling very well I just had a slice of wholemeal toast.
 
Dinner
 
I have tried a new dish for dinner. It is a wholemeal twist on a chicken dish that is one of our favourite. I made crispy oatmeal chicken. I soaked the chicken breast in some freshly squeezed lemon juice with fresh thyme. I then dipped the chicken in beaten egg and coated the chicken on oatmeal and wholemeal bread crumbs. I baked the chicken in the oven and served with potatoes and vegetables. Everybody enjoyed the chicken cooked like this and I will certainly be making it again!
The twins had soup and wholemeal bread.
 
Snacks
I have baked some oat flapjacks today which were delicious!
 
 
Day5 - Results
 
Twins - 2 wholegrain servings
Joseph - 2 wholegrain servings
Hubby - 3 wholegrain servings
Me - 3 wholegrain servings
 
 
Wholegrain Goodness Challenge - Day 6
 
Breakfast
 
Hubby had oats for breakfast.
The twins had their usual breakfast while Joseph had Multigrain Boulders which do contain wholegrain.
Even I had some Shreddies this morning.
 
Lunch
 
We all had wholemeal bread sandwiches for lunch
 
Dinner
 
As it was Burns Night we had a true Scottish meal. I cooked haggis, tatties and neeps. For pudding I made a cranachan which has toasted oatmeal in. Haggis also contains oats so we got two servings in this meal!
 
Day 6 - Results
 
Twins - 2 servings
Joseph - 3 servings
Hubby - 4 servings
Me - 4 servings
 
We are nearly at the end of the first week of Wholegrain Goodness and I can honestly say that I am enjoying the changes in our diets and I think that we will carry it on after the two weeks are up!
 
Disclaimer: The Wholegrain Goodness Challenge is in association with Mumsnet and Wholegrain Goodness. I received a shopping voucher to purchase wholegrain foods but all of the views expressed are my own and 100% honest.
To read some of other feedback visit Mumsnet Wholegrain Goodness Challenge
To read more about the health benefits of wholegrain visit Wholegrain Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x