Thursday 23 January 2014

Wholegrain Goodness Challenge Day 3

We had yet another great wholemeal day.
We are enjoying the new food but I have got to be honest we are not noticing the difference eating the extra wholegrain. However, I don't think that you really notice any differences but I am sure that it is doing us good on the inside!
This is how we got on...

Wholegrain Goodness Challenge - Day 3

Breakfast

The twins had their usual breakfast while Joseph and hubby has Shreddies.

Lunch

The twins had the cottage pie that we had on day 2. They thoroughly enjoyed their lunch and they both had clean plates! At first I wasn't sure how any of the three children would be with the pearl barley but they all ate it with no problems!
We enjoyed he cottage pie so much even I had a bowl for my lunch.
Hubby had a homemade wholemeal bread sandwich and also took some wholemeal cinnamon and honey cake.

Dinner

The twins had an easy meal of spaghetti hoops on wholemeal toast.
As I wasn't feeling very well, hubby took over in the kitchen at dinner time! We enjoyed spaghetti carbonara made with organic wholegrain spaghetti.

Day 3 - Results

Twins - 2 wholegrain servings
Joseph - 2 wholegrain servings
Hubby - 4 wholegrain servings
Me - 2 wholegrain servings

Another good wholegrain day, we are now on a roll and are automatically picking the wholegrain option. I hope that we continue this way.

Disclaimer: The Wholegrain Goodness Challenge is in association with Mumsnet and Wholegrain Goodness. I received a shopping voucher to purchase wholegrain foods but all of the views expressed are my own and 100% honest.
To read some of other feedback visit Mumsnet Wholegrain Goodness Challenge
To read more about the health benefits of wholegrain visit Wholegrain Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x