Tuesday 7 March 2017

#CookBlogShare 2017 - Week 10 Plus 4 Sweet Treats!

Welcome to week 10 of #CookBlogShare.

Last week the linky was hosted by Eb over at Easy Peasy Foodie. As always there was a fantastic variety of recipes shared, sweet, savoury, bakes and informative posts, there really was a bit of everything. That is what I love most about the Cook Blog Share linky, anything foodie goes!

Last week I had the pleasure of spending the evening in London with some lovely free from bloggers. We were invited to try the new gluten free range from Schwartz and learn a bit more about the new complete recipe mixes and sauces. The meal was outstanding and you can read all about our evening here. I love attending foodie event like these and especially love spending time with fellow foodie bloggers. A blogger event is really the only place that you can get away with taking so many pictures of food before eating!


Now back to CookBlogShare. This week the sweet treats definitely won me over. Following on from the gluten free event I have chosen free from sweet treats. Here are my favourite four recipes from week 9 of CookBlogShare...

Granola is such a delicious and filling way to start the day so as soon as I saw this Apple Pie Granola from The Gluten Free Alchemist I was immediately drawn in. The way that Kate has combined an all time favourite dessert with a healthy breakfast is simply a genius idea! Who wouldn't want to start the day with an apple pie flavoured cereal? I know I would!

Homemade biscuits are something that I am yet to perfect and I still have not dared try baking gluten free ones for the hubby but after reading this recipe for Orange and Chestnut Shortbread this certainly does need to be rectified! These biscuits from The Free From Fairy look and sound like the perfect biscuit to accompany a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon!

No movie night would be complete without a bowl of popcorn. There is nothing more fun that popping your own popcorn. Charlotte's Lively Kitchen show us how to make her Better than at the Cinema Sweet Popcorn. If this popcorn taste half as good as it looks it will not disappoint! Forget buying a bag of mass produced popcorn, this is the way to go!

Last but not least is this stunning birthday cake from The Peachick's Bakery. This Vegan Baileys Birthday Cake is not only a vegan cake but it is also a creamy dairy free cake. The cake has the added wee dram of whisky in both the cake and the butter icing and combined with the coffee and cocoa you are guaranteed of a truly scrumptious celebration cake!

Now onto this weeks linky. As always you are welcome to share any foodie posts, both old and new welcome. All that I do ask is that you display the badge below so that others can find us and comment on either this post or my HOST post in the linky and some of the other posts. If you tweet me your posts I will retweet and during the week I will be sharing and pinning. I have been using Stumbled Upon but if I am honest it has been quite time consuming so I am going to try something different. If you tag me in your Instagram pictures of the post that you have linked up I will re gram them. If you do not follow me already you can find me at hijackedbytwins.

Over to you. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up this week!

Hope you have a great week x


18 comments:

  1. Lovely round up! I love the sound of Kate's granola too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for including my cake with such yummy treats! I have been reliably informed by my Bailey's loving MIL that it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Pie Granola has GOT to be made! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kirsty! Great free from desserts! Sounds like you had a lovely time at the Schwartz event, going to read all about it now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm yum!, I particularly love the sound of Kate's granola - scrummy flavours :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely round up as always Kirsty - I love the sound of that apple pie granola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely roundup, Kirsty - I want them all!! Was so nice to see you last week Love that pic of us all photographing the food. In between taking photos and social media, I'm amazed we actually had time to eat!! :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it does make me laugh when food bloggers are at a meal together - so many cameras :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that vegan birthday cake looks stunning - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was really lovely to see you last week. Charlotte's popcorn looks right up my street! We are popcorn addicts at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Kirsty. I am so excited - I brought healthy stuff this week. I hope you'll love them. Thanks for hosting the party. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look lovely. I haven't tried any 'free fron' baking, I really should though as there seems to be so many lovely recipes out there. Thanks, Chonnie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi KIrsty, loving the new look of your blog....looks great!
    It's great to be back blogging again and joining in with cook blog share! Hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely round up...I do LOVE a sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great round up - Kate's apple pie granola sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a lovely array of recipes, I'm going in for some food inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for featuring my popcorn Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just catching up with the weeks blogging highlights...... and this round up is one for sure! Lovely selection...... Midge's birthday cake is just genius! Thanks for including my granola xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x