Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sausage and Beetroot Traybake - Aldi Super 6 Recipe

One of the highlights of shopping at Aldi has to be their fantastic Super 6 offers. This week I thought that I would share with you an easy recipe that uses some of the products that I found in the Super 6 offers this week. Every week Aldi bring you a selection of 6 fruit and vegetable produce that is priced at just 65p and under and 6 meat and fish offers all at great, low prices. It really does pay to stock up on any favourite items while they are on offer.

Traybakes are a delicious way to cook a meal. They are so easy to prepare and cook. You simply place all of the ingredients in a large roasting tin and let the oven do all of the work for you. When cooking all of the ingredients together you create a meal that is so full of flavour, as they cook their flavours combine together to compliment each other perfectly. 


As soon as I saw that both beetroot and sausages were on the super 6 I knew exactly what I would make. This is what I did...

Sausage and Beetroot Traybake

Ingredients - serves 4 - 6

beetroot, halved and cut into wedges
3 lg carrots, cut into batons
onion, halved and cut into wedges
200g purple sprouting broccoli
cauliflower, cut into florets
200g Charlotte potatoes, halved
1 sml swede, cut into batons
Spray oil
Salt and pepper

Method

Pre heat the oven to 190C

1 - Place all of the vegetables into a large roasting tin, spray over a coating of spray oil and season with salt and pepper

2 - Lay the sausages over the top of the vegetables and place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 45 minutes


3 - After 30 minutes shake the tin to turn the vegetables and turn the sausages and return to the oven

Once the sausages are completely cooked remove from the oven and serve immediately.


Baking the sausages on top of the vegetables allows the juices and flavours from the sausages to coat the vegetables to give them even more delicious flavours.


This meal was such a success. The vegetables were cooked to perfection and the herbs and juices from the sausages enhanced their natural flavours.

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!


Hijacked By Twins
Hijacked By Twins
Link up your recipe of the week

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

5 comments:

  1. Love that all of these come under Aldi's Super Six offer! Great combo of veg, super filling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many lovely colours in your dish Kirsty - so good for you, AND I BET VERY TASTY :) (sorry didn't mean too shout that!) Funnily enough I have linked up a sausage traybake recipe this week too - great sausage traybake minds think alike! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids really love a sausage traybake and I've made a few different versions but never with beetroot in it. Seeing as that is my toddler's favourite vegetable I must give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yey - you can't beat a sausage traybake! This one looks so tasty. I love that you've used beetroot in it - great idea! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds gorgeous Kirsty, I love that it's packed with so many veggies and could very easily be adapted for vegetarians.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x