Tuesday 14 March 2017

#CookBlogShare Week 11 2017 - Plus 4 Showstopper Cakes

Welcome to week 11 of #CookBlogShare.

Now that March has arrived there is a definite feel of spring in the air. The seasonal change is also reflected in many of the recipes that were shared in last weeks CookBlogShare. But last week it was definitely the cakes that stood out. The recipes that I have chosen today are all showstopping cakes. Unfortunately cakes will not be on my meal plan for a while. I bravely signed up to complete Race for Life in June so as of this week I am in training. At the moment I really cannot run, but I am going to the gym and am building up my fitness! But that does not stop me reading about luscious cakes and wanting them!

Here are my 4 favourite showstopping cakes from week 10 of #CookBlogShare...

The first showstopping cake that I could not resist is from Mummy Mishaps. This Golden Sparkle Chocolate Cake is a chocolate cake that has been topped with a cream cheese frosting and decorated with a vast array of chocolates from Ferrero Rocher to Curly Wurly, from Galaxy chocolates to Maltesers. With a topping like that what is there not to love!

The second cake that I have chosen this week is from The Baking Explorer. This cake has been beautifully presented and contains delicious flavours! The Biscoff and Banana Cake with Caramel Drizzle is three banana sponge cakes, sandwiched together with biscoff buttercream and crumbled biscuits to add a layer of crunch. The cake has then been covered with more biscoff buttercream and covered with a drizzle of caramel. Wow!

The third cake, from Caroline Makes, is described as a Valentine's day cake but I disagree, this cake would be perfect for any time of year! This Red Velvet Cheesecake looks and sounds divine and with a cream cheese filling that will keep you coming back for more!

Last but not least is this Red Wine Chocolate Cake from Fix Me a Little Lunch. Ok, I will admit that as soon as I read the words red wine, chocolate and cake all in one title I was hooked! A cake that contains both chocolate and red wine is pure indulgence on a plate!

If you missed any of these recipes I thoroughly recommend you pop over and take a look!

Now onto this weeks CookBlogShare. As always you can share any foodie post, both old and new welcome. All that I ask is that you add the badge below to your post, comment on either this post or the HOST post in the linky and comment on some of the other posts shared. If you tweet me your recipe I will retweet but I will be tweeting and commenting throughout the week.

Now over to you. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up!

Hope you have a delicious week x


10 comments:

  1. ooh these cakes all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kirsty! All of these cakes are just stunning! I've just linked up my 2 recent recipes. Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Kirsty for featuring my cake as one of your round up recipes - made a lovely start to the day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they certainly are showstoppers! Thanks for hosting Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fabulous selection of cake...Red Wine Chocolate Cake??? Where do I sign??? ;-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely selection of cakes! I too am trying to resist but keep ending up having to bake for various cake sales and things so it's very difficult! Good luck with the running. I started running a few years ago and found that once I got over the initial pain it got much easier - it's not helped by the fact that whichever direction I run from my house there are hills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab selection of cakes.Real showstoppers.Just linked up my Lemon Meringue Pie.Thanks for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red wine cake, you say? Ooerr... I seem to have come over all unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, those really are showstopper cakes, the kind that make your eyes pop out of your head!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x