Tuesday 28 March 2017

#CookBlogShare 2017 - Week 13 Plus 4 Delicious Easter Treats

Hello and welcome to week 13 of #CookBlogShare.

Week 13 means we are finally getting more hours of sunlight! Even though we lose an hour of sleep I am always so happy to see the days lengthening and welcoming in the better weather. During the weekend there was a lovely feeling of spring in the air. Everything seems so much better with the extra hours of sunlight. We spent a lot of time in the garden and I even got my bake on. Baking bread is something that I have not been doing recently. But on Friday the twins, who had the day off school due to illness, wanted a pizza and as they had not been eating much I could not say no. Even though I had no pizza, I did have bread flour so I made some fresh pizza dough and rediscovered my love of baking. I adore the whole bread making process, how the ingredients come together and how you can feel them change as you knead. After my pizza baking I made more dough on Saturday and also made a focaccia as well as a banana bread.


On Mother's Day I was treated to a day off from cooking. The hubby made an amazing meal, he slow cooked a joint of beef in red wine with carrots, onions, garlic and fresh bay leaves from the garden. If he agrees I will definitely blog the recipe!


Last week the CookBlogShare linky was hosted by Eb from Easy Peasy Foodie. There were so many delicious recipes shared and as Easter gets closer there are more and more lovely Easter recipes coming through. This week I could not resist featuring Easter treats and I am sure that you will also find them all irresistible!

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 12 of CookBlogShare...


The first cake that I chose is this beautifully decorated Lavender Honey Cake from Tin and Thyme. Lavender is a floral ingredient that I love to use in bakes. As soon as our lavenders come into bloom I cannot wait to incorporate it into a bake. This is going to the top of my to try list, the honey and cream cheese icing sounds like the perfect finish to this decadent cake.

No Easter is complete without the Easter bunny. These cupcakes embrace the tradition and will certainly make everyone smile! These Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes from Only Crumbs Remain have been decorated with a fondant bunny burrowing into the cupcake. They look simply amazing and make a really fun recipe to try thanks to the great step by step guide telling you how to create the cute little bunny butt!

It is definitely Creme Egg season and I think that they are a love them or hate them chocolate treat. This No Bake Creme Egg Biscuit Cake from The Gluten Free Alchemist does not add even more sweetness to the recipe, instead it contains dark chocolate which perfectly balances the sweetness from the Creme Egg, this is a Creme Egg treat that we would all love!

Last but not least is a recipe that I look forward to making each year. This Simnel Cake from Recipes Made Easy. I adore everything about simnel cake especially the marzipan. This year I am attempting to make a gluten free variation and cannot wait for a lovely big slice of Easter goodness!

Now on to this week. You can link up any foodie post, both old and new welcome. All I do ask is that you add the badge below so that others can find us, comment on either this or the post labelled HOST and spread the love by commenting on some of the other posts. As always throughout the week I will be commenting, tweeting and pinning all of the posts in the linky.

Hope you have a delicious week!

Enjoy x




16 comments:

  1. All those cakes look delicious, I've never baked a Simnel cake before, a gap which needs to be addressed I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kirsty. What a cute round-up! Thanks for hosting #CookBlogShare. Have a lovely Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love a piece of all of these cakes for Easter! Coming back later to link up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunny bum sticking out of the cakes,a cute cake. love the marzipan on simnel cake but not keen on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Kirsty! What a delicious selection of Easter bakes, I need to start thinking of baking something Eastery too. Have a good day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know just what you mean about it feeling more spring like and the lengthening days are very much welcomed! Great roundup as always Kirsty! I love Simnel cake too - perfect for marzipan lovers! Thankyou too for including my Bunny Butt cupcakes
    Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love simnel cake! Those bunny butt cakes - ha ha ha! Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collection - such fab bakes! I love them all!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all these Easter bakes x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could eat all those cakes! This week I'm sharing a really simple recipe for lemon and garlic butter and the post also includes a giveaway for a copy of Weber's American BBQ. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Kristy I am loving all the Easter treats especially your lavender and Honey cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely round up Kirsty - I love easter baking x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab round up Kirsty, great idea for Vicki's flour x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great round up!Looks like you had a lovely meal from your hubby. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooohhhh! Thanks for including my biscuit cake xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for including my cake Kirsty - and what lovely company to be in too :) Have pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x