Monday 20 March 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 12 2017

Hello and welcome to week 12 of #mealplanningmonday


Last week we did well and had 4 out of the 6 meals that I had planned. On Tuesday I received a lovely delivery of food from Dolmio so on Tuesday we did not have the meal that I had planned. We had a delicious bolognese. I will be writing all about the meal and telling you about Dolmio later in the week. Saturday’s meal did not go as planned as on Tuesday we were told that J was ready to do his next taekwondo grading and was invited to take part in a three hour training session. So Saturday was all about taekwondo. Instead of the fritters we had quick and easy homemade burgers when I got home.


When I went to get weighed at Slimming World last Friday I really was not sure what to expect. Over the week I increased my exercise. I had a great two and a half hour session at the gym on Monday and even went on a 12k bike ride on Wednesday so my focus had been on my fitness as opposed to my food. But I was delighted when I got on the scales and found that I had in fact lost another 3lbs! I am now only 10.5lbs away from my target!


A couple of years ago I used to have some lovely fresh vegetables delivered each week. Unfortunately they had to stop coming to the village as I was the only customer. But last week, after more people asked them to deliver to the village, they returned! So from now on I will be getting boxes delivered. What I always enjoyed about getting the boxes delivered was the variety of vegetables that I received. When I receive the boxes it is easier to plan around the vegetables that arrive as opposed to planning before shopping. But we will be having a lot of vegetables in our meals which is great!


This is what we will be enjoying this week…


Weekly Meal Plan - Week 12 2017

Monday - Butternut Squash and Lentil Stew



This was one of the meals that did not get made last week so we will have it on Monday.


Tuesday - Roast Pork


While looking through the freezer I found a joint of pork. I will roast the pork on Tuesday and serve it with delicious fresh vegetables.


Wednesday - Chilli Pie


On Wednesday I am going to make a chilli con carne using the recipe mix from Schwartz. This is another one of their gluten free sachets. Instead of serving it with rice I will be transforming it into a chilli con carne cottage pie.


Thursday - SW KFC Chicken


When I made this a few weeks ago it was a huge success so it has to be made again. The coating is made using polenta and paprika. I will be serving it with baked chips and salad.


Friday - Date Night


At the moment I am not too sure what we will have but it will be either a SW meal for me and a ready meal for the hubby or a treat of cheese, bread and dips.


Saturday - Fajitas


This is something that we have not had in a long time but is always a favourite with everyone.

That is another week done!

What have you got planned for this week? Why not share it with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

I hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That sounds like one epic taekwondo training session. I hope it went well.
    The veg boxes sound great.
    Ahh! We were meant to have Roast pork yesterday but I forgot to order it with the shopping. Ugh.
    The SW KFC Chicken sounds very tasty! Yum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the sound of the chilli pie. I have never tried doing it like that before so it will be something to attempt. :-) x

    #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh date night, you lucky thing. I love the sound of the SW Kfc, I just haven't got around to making it yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The KFC chicken sounds really interesting, also I love the sound of tonights stew. Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SW KFC, I really need to make this again! Great meal plan this week Kirsty, sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12k bike ride - wow!! Well done! I've recently started getting a veg box delivered and I love it. Have a great week ��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x