Monday 27 March 2017

Savoury Egg Muffins - Gluten Free and Dairy Free #FreeFromEaster

When it comes to Easter we immediately think of chocolate eggs. But, believe it or not, not everyone likes or can have chocolate. So if you are looking something that is definitely healthier that chocolate and a savoury option then look no further.

Eggs are such a fantastic source of protein, contain various vitamins and minerals and are such a versatile food. Eggs are an essential part of my kitchen and thanks to our chickens, something that we always have in. So when it came to thinking of a savoury recipe for Easter I kept coming back to eggs. Eggs are a traditional Easter item and the perfect ingredient to base a recipe on.

These savoury egg muffins make a fantastic addition to either your party buffet or to just keep in the fridge for when you or the kids are wanting a snack. They can be packed with fillings that please everyone and tailored to individual taste.

This is what I did...

Savoury Egg Muffins

Ingredients - makes 15

4 lg free range eggs
1 red pepper, chopped
Handful of spinach, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, finely grated
Dairy free cheese, grated
Spray oil
Salt and pepper

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat

2 - Add the red pepper, spinach, onion, carrot and grated cheese to the eggs and mix thoroughly

3 - Season with salt and pepper


4 - Using a tart tray, spray with spray oil and add about a tablespoon of the egg mixture into each section or if you prefer you can place the mixture into individual ramekins


5 - Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until starting to go a golden brown on the top

6 - Once they are cooked, remove from the oven and gently remove from the tin


These lovely little savoury bites can be enjoyed hot fresh from the oven or as a cold snack. What is even better is that this is a healthy snack, tasty and healthy is a win win snack!


For more #FreeFromEaster inspiration check out these amazing recipes!
Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

7 comments:

  1. Ohh! These look very tasty! These would be fab to make over the Easter holidays so the kids could snack on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, I'm probably craving this even more now that I'm dairy and egg free, Don't mind me,I'll just sit here and drool for a while....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love this recipe. I can imagine they would be fab for an after school snack. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember whether I wrote what I was thinking (I'm seriously losing my marbles!). I love eggs in any shape or form (wouldn't go near them before my 2nd pregnancy!) and your mini savoury muffins would be perfect for brunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little egg muffins look delicious. That's exactly the kind of thing I love for brunch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious, I love eggs and these are a fab snack, breakfast, lunch box, picnic option...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x