Tuesday 26 July 2016

Soy, Chilli and Ginger Pork Loin Steaks

At this time of year we all prefer lighter meals. Today I am sharing with you a great and easy way to marinade and add flavour to your pork loin steaks. These can either be grilled or placed on a barbecue and have a real summer feel to them.

Aldi have a great selection of summer dressings which are a quick and easy way to flavour salads but also meats and fish. Three of their Specially Selected sauces caught my eye:
  • Bloody Mary Ketchup
  • Blue Cheese Dressing
  • Soy, Chilli and Ginger
This got me thinking about how I could incorporate the sauces into a meal and do something different with them. Now that it is summer we are enjoying being able to get in the garden, having barbecues and eating al fresco. Today's meal is perfect for that!


I decided to go for the spicy and fragrant Soy, Chilli and Ginger Dressing. This dressing is a warm combination of ginger and chilli in a dark soy sauce.

This is what I did...



Soy, Chilli and Ginger Pork Loin Steaks

Ingredients - Per serving

Aldi Specially Selected Soy, Chilli and Ginger Dressing


Method

1 - Cover the pork loin, on both sides, with the soy, chilli and ginger dressing. Simply add according to taste. If you would like a subtle flavour add a thin coating, but if, like me, you like a real kick of flavour give the meat a good thick coating!

2 - Place in a dish, cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for an hour. If you are preparing in advance they can be left for longer. Leaving them to marinade in the dressing will allow the meat to absorb more of the delicious flavours!

3 - The steaks can be placed on the barbecue or grilled. If you are barbecuing them pour some dressing in a bowl and as the steak cooks brush over extra dressing and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes turning regularly. If you are grilling them place the steaks under a medium heat and grill for about 10 minutes on each side.


The steaks are delicious served with a tossed salad and jacket potato. The dressing goes perfectly with the lean pork steaks from Aldi. The pork loin medallions are priced at just £2.19 for five 100% British Red Tractor assured pork so not only is it a truly flavoursome meal but is also kind on your food budget!


I hope that this recipe has shown you that dressings can be used in many dishes and not just as a salad dressing!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

CookBlogShare

6 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely - I often don't eat pork as not sure what to do with it #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks delicious, and the presentation looks like a good restaurant meal! I wish I had the skills and the time to cook as well! xx
    www.wha2wear.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aldi do have some amazing products to find, their steaks are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing - off to see if I can find it locally

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Unfortunately, I don’t eat pork. Thanks for sharing this, people like me need to be reminded to use dressings on other dishes too, not just salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! This would make a great tasty midweek meal! Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x