Tuesday 5 July 2016

Paella Rica

I adore paella. I fell in love with Spain's national dish while I was living there. One thing that I have wanted to invest in is a paellera, a paella pan. So when I saw one in Aldi for just £5.99 I had to buy it! I was also delighted to find some authentic Spanish ingredients to go with the paellera to help me recreate my favourite meal!


One of the things I love about Aldi has to be the fact that you can find so many delicious European ingredients. Today I am sharing my paella which is not only full of authentic flavour but is also an easy dish to make.

This is what I did...

Paella Rica

Ingredients

400g chicken breast, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red pepper, chopped
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
Pinch of saffron
300g paella rice
100g chorizo, chopped
150g king prawns
500mls vegetable stock
1tsp smoked paprika
Ready cooked calamari (optional)
2tbsp olive oil

Method

1 - Heat the olive oil in the paellera

2 - Place the onions in the pan and gently fry until soft

3 - Add the diced chicken and stir fry until thoroughly sealed

4 - Add the chorizo, prawns, garlic, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and saffron and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly

5 -  Stir in the paella rice and smoked paprika

6 - Pour over the vegetable stock and bring to the boil

7 - Then cover the pan with some foil and leave until the stock has been absorbed, this should take about 15 minutes

8 - If you are adding ready cooked calamari add once the paella is ready and mix thoroughly


I have called this recipe paella rica which means delicious paella, because it really is! This paella is so quick and easy to make. It makes bringing the flavours of the Mediterranean even easier for us all to enjoy!


Enjoy x

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post
CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

6 comments:

  1. I love paella especially when it has chorizo in like this one as it just gives it so much flavour! I wish I could eat this now but I'll just have to put chorizo on my shopping list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a paella, it really does taste of Spain. Thanks for sharing this recipe :-) #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. We holiday in Spain a lot so love a good Paella #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE paella and this looks like a fab recipe for it!! Love how simple you've made it and I so want one of those pans!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a bargain from Aldi! I absolutely love Paella! Although I'm not a fan of seafood, I could eat my weight in the rice that's cooked in the seafood and meat juices. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks delicious Kirsty - the colours of it are so inviting. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x