Monday 18 July 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 28 - The Homegrown Round Up

Welcome to another round up of CookBlogShare recipes. As always there were so many delicious recipes linked up last week. But one thought kept popping up as I was reading the posts. That thought was "Ooooh we have that growing in the garden!" So bearing this in mind I knew what my round up would be. 

Here is the homegrown round up and here are my four favourite recipes from week 28 of CookBlogShare...

When I saw this first recipe I knew that it would be a must try. Everyday Healthy Recipes shared this delicious summer dish of Baked Beetroot with Feta and Orzo. I am willing our beetroot to grow as I know that I will be making this. I know it will be a hit with both the hubby and I!

That leads me on nicely to a beetroot dish that the kids would love. These handy sized Mini Calzone with Beetroot Thyme and Pumpkin Seed Pesto and Cheddar Cheese from Sneaky Veg. These sound like the perfect way to introduce more beetroot to the children and I am sure us adults will also have a couple!

We love kale. Not only is it easy to grow but is super good for you. This Kale and Red Onion Dhal with Buckwheat from Easy Peasy Foodie is another fantastic way to introduce vegetables to children. This Dhal is not only a really healthy dish but sounds so full of flavour. I know that I would not be able to resist!

After the delicious savouries I needed a sweet dish and this Summer Pudding from Recipes Made Easy is the perfect way to finish a meal. If you follow me on social media you have probably seen that this year we are having a bumper harvest of soft fruits so this pudding came along at a perfect time!

There is one more recipe that I want to mention simply because it sounds so good and we do grow one of the ingredients. I had to mention this Watermelon Bacardi Cooler from The Gluten Free Alchemist. Ok, we do not grow watermelons but the drink does include the juice of one lime and we do have a lime tree! This cooler sounds perfect for a hot, sunny, summers afternoon in the garden!



If you missed any of these summer recipes then you must pop over and check them out! Tomorrow the CookBlogShare linky is back with Mandy at Sneaky Veg and I hope that you will join us. I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up!

Have a great week and as always, thank you for joining in with us each week x
CookBlogShare

2 comments:

  1. What a fab idea for a roundup. I am impressed at your green fingers! Thank you so much for including my dhal! Eb Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great dishes here and a couple of them perfectly timely...... We've just harvested our first beetroots and have a few more growing yet.....
    And thank you so much for including my Cooler! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x