Tuesday 12 July 2016

Creamy Smoked Bacon Pasta

During the week life can be busy. Between school runs, doing my blogging, and looking after the house, as much as I love cooking, I want a quick and easy meal. But when I cook a quick and easy meal I do not want to compromise on flavour or quality.

Today's recipe is so simple and easy but so full of flavour. This is my new "go to" meal. Using just five ingredients this meal will leave everyone wanting seconds!


For this dish I chose to add Aldi's Specially Selected smoked streaky bacon. These flavoursome rashers are from outdoor bred, British pigs that have been both RSPCA assured and carry the trusty red tractor logo. The streaky bacon has been traditionally hand cured and gently smoked over oak and beechwood to give it a deliciously smoky, meaty flavour. These rashers do all the hard work of balancing the flavours for you.

Last week I attended Aldi's Christmas in July event and had the privilege of being able to personally speak to some of their head buyers. One that I was particularly keen to talk to was the meat and fish buyer. It was fantastic to hear that all of Aldi's meat, apart from New Zealand lamb, is British sourced and all carry the red tractor logo which tells you that the meat has been assured by the British food standards. I am planning to tell you more about what Aldi have got coming for Christmas, but I will do that nearer the time!

Back to this weeks recipe. This is what I did...

Creamy Smoked Bacon Pasta

Ingredients - Serves 4 - 5

300g dried pasta
1 onion, chopped
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
14 Aldi Specially Selected Oak and Beechwood smoked streaky bacon rashers, thickly chopped
Black pepper, optional
2 tsp olive oil

Method

1 - Cook the pasta in a simmering pan of water for 10 minutes then drain and return to the pan

2 - Heat the olive oil in a large frying and add the onions and smoked streaky bacon

3 - Fry for 5 minutes stirring often

4 - Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes before stirring in the cream cheese

5 - Continue to cook until all of the cream cheese has melted down into a cheesy sauce, season with black pepper according to taste

6 - Pour the creamy smoked bacon sauce over the pasta and mix thoroughly then serve


The oak and beechwood smoked bacon adds a real depth of flavour to this easy pasta dish. Topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese this simple recipe will please the whole family or even dinner guests! As the ingredients are all from Aldi you can be guaranteed that the quality of food is high while to prices are kept low!


Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

10 comments:

  1. i make a similar dish to this and i love it! (sometimes with quark to make it SW friendly, although not as nice!), as you say tasty abut fast food. I love your plate too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so my kind of food. In fact - that whole first paragraph is my life!! I love this recipe - I've made several similar things before but never exactly this. I'm going to have to try it as it sounds lovely! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy and simple to make x Thanks for sharing this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My partner would love this, I'm not a fan of bacon but could pick it out and give him more x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my idea of comfort in a bowl, absolute heaven x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can't beat a good old mushroom and ham pasta, I love it and after four years have finally managed to convince my hubby mushrooms wont kill him lol. Looks yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so very tasty, easy and filling, Kirsty!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious - my kids adore pasta

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a really tasty family meal. I will be giving it a go

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x